My 2 Hopper 3 installation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
Mike, the technician from Digital Dish in Marion, OH called at 10 AM to tell me he was on his way. He mentioned that he would install a Joey 2 and a Hopper 3. He also did not have a DPH42 switch. I immediately called Dish and found out that the work order was wrong. Mike detoured back to Marion to pick up a DPH42 switch. The Advanced Tech said that the work order would need to be modified by field service.

When Mike arrived he told me that he did not know how to connect 2 Hopper 3 receivers. He said they only used the DPH42 switch to connect 4 satellites for the international channels.

SatelliteGuys came to the rescue. I showed him Charles pictures in post 255, JSheridan's diagram in post 122, and the wiring picture in post 104. He took pictures of the posts with his phone so that he could share them with his coworkers. I gave him the web site address and told him he could access the topics.

The field service person was unable to modify the work order. This took almost 30 minutes. She finally said she would cancel the work order and schedule it for Sunday. Mike said he would still do the job today and he was able to get His Digital Dish supervisor to move forward the job.
He installed the DPH42 switch hooking it up to 110,119,129, and 61.5. I have both eastern and western arc dishes. He connected an orange hybrid duo hub to the DPH42 switch, my 2 Hopper 3 receivers, and my Joey 2.

When we did a check switch, we only found 110 and 119. When we examined the LNB's we found that both Dishes had the new hybrid LNB's. I told him that the switch needs the old style LNB's. He was unsure about this but he agreed to try it. After installing the old style LNB's the check switch found all 4 satellites.

He thanked me and said that he had learned a lot. I appreciated his attitude.

Dish was able to activate both new Hopper 3 receivers. We paired both my old and new remotes, I restored the settings from my old remotes, rescanned the OTA channels, reset up Alexa, and logged in to the music apps.

So far everything is working great. I still need to reserve the IP addresses on my router so they remain fixed. I also need to create folders for parades, fireworks, etc. and move items from my 3 hard drives into the correct folders. Of course the folders all disappeared since Dish does not allow folders on the hard drives.

I have the following parts that I would be willing to sell cheap. Eastern Arc hybrid LNB part A73006-WA1601D2,

Western Arc hybrid LNB part A73107-WI160195M,

DPP44 switch (173402) with power supply and
Power Inserter 126609,

DUO node185836.

Mike, the technician from Digital Dish in Marion, OH called at 10 AM to tell me he was on his way. He mentioned that he would install a Joey 2 and a Hopper 3. He also did not have a DPH42 switch. I immediately called Dish and found out that the work order was wrong. Mike detoured back to Marion to pick up a DPH42 switch. The Advanced Tech said that the work order would need to be modified by field service.

When Mike arrived he told me that he did not know how to connect 2 Hopper 3 receivers. He said they only used the DPH42 switch to connect 4 satellites for the international channels.

SatelliteGuys came to the rescue. I showed him Charles pictures in post 255, JSheridan's diagram in post 122, and the wiring picture in post 104. He took pictures of the posts with his phone so that he could share them with his coworkers. I gave him the web site address and told him he could access the topics.

The field service person was unable to modify the work order. This took almost 30 minutes. She finally said she would cancel the work order and schedule it for Sunday. Mike said he would still do the job today and he was able to get His Digital Dish supervisor to move forward the job.
He installed the DPH42 switch hooking it up to 110,119,129, and 61.5. I have both eastern and western arc dishes. He connected an orange hybrid duo hub to the DPH42 switch, my 2 Hopper 3 receivers, and my Joey 2.

When we did a check switch, we only found 110 and 119. When we examined the LNB's we found that both Dishes had the new hybrid LNB's. I told him that the switch needs the old style LNB's. He was unsure about this but he agreed to try it. After installing the old style LNB's the check switch found all 4 satellites.

Dish was able to activate both new Hopper 3 receivers. We paired both my old and new remotes, I restored the settings from my old remotes, rescanned the OTA channels, reset up Alexa, and logged in to the music apps.

So far everything is working great. I still need to reserve the IP addresses on my router so they remain fixed. I also need to create folders for parades, fireworks, etc. and move items from my 3 hard drives into the correct folders. Of course the folders all disappeared since Dish does not allow folders on the hard drives.

I have the following parts that I would be willing to sell cheap. Eastern Arc hybrid LNB part A73006-WA1601D2,

Power Inserter 126609,

DUO node185836.

Glad you are up and running with your two Hopper 3 system.

Power Inserter 126609,

DUO node185836.

I think it's becoming pretty clear that most techs have not been trained on the DPH42 switch.

Reactions: littlecloud319

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)