My 522 and Dish so far

blockisle9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
I graduated to Dish via SBC from cable TV about a month ago, I Chose the 522. I never had a Tivo or any DVR's or PVR's before. I cant believe what these things can do, they are amazing! Sure there are a few bugs (So far I can live with all of them) I'm sure they will be all worked out in future updates. I deal with bugs in my Windows software all the time. So far I love the service and my 522. It rained very hard yesterday and had no rain fade problems yet (knock on wood).
I just need to get use to using the guide to Chanel surf instead of changing the channels because of the delay when changing them. I also need to get use to the channel numbers, they are all over the place.
My only concern is the warranty. The equipment is covered for as long as I stay a costumer with a $26.95 shipping fee and a $100.00 on site fee.I guess this could add up if I have a lot of trouble.
For me it was a no brainier free install and no commitment and I did not have to buy anything all for $38.00 per month for 120 channels with locals. Much better than my Cable service.
Just my experience so far.
Lenny

The warranty isn't a concern to you (or I). The equipment is not ours.... If it dies tomorrow, I'll pay the shipping charge, but I sure don't need a "tech" to come hook it up for me (and cost me $99). I'm also pretty sure I can swap out the LNBs or multiswitch if either of those give up. If anything dies in 2 years, the situation will be the same. If Dish won't fix or replace it, they can have it back.

As of right now, you can still add and cancel the Dish Home Protection Plan (DHPP) at any time so that if you want to save the shipping fee or really need someone to come out to your home, you can order DHPP, wait for Dish to come out or send out the replacement unit and then cancel it again. This way they only charge you $5.99 for DHPP, $29 for the visit and no shipping fee.

Bimmerbenz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts