My 522 has never done this before

doogie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
I noticed my 522 fan has been on a lot recently (in the past few days)... maybe that is new... maybe not... but I never noticed it on before.... then, last night I was watching America's Most Wanted on Fox 5 NY on TV 1 when my wife said she was tired and was going to bed. So, I shut off my TV downstairs (left the 522 on... as I ALWAYS do)... got upstairs and turned on my TV in the bedroom... and I noticed the TV2 tuner was on when I left downstairs... so all I had to do was turn on the TV. I switched to channel 5 and it played for 3 seconds... then the screen froze... I waited a min... but it was still frozen and yet the 522 was responding to commands because I thought maybe it was the fox channel... I changed the channel to 7 and it apparently changed - I got the banner menu for channel 7 telling me what was on... but no picture... just a black screen.... so I went downstairs and turned the TV back on knowing I had left the TV1 tuner on.... when the TV came on it showed me the same frozen picture I had seen upstairs. I reset the 522 and it did its boot thing locating all the sats and stuff... and it worked fine.... has anyone seen this before?

That happened to me tonight too. Screen went black, but still had sound, and when 'info' is hit, the picture pops up for a split second. I should still be on the testing software version BMC1.
I was recording 2 things at the time, attempting to watch a DVR show. Another show on the HD worked OK, and when that got done, I went to watch the first DVR show (which was 'Win Ben Stein's Money' BTW), and it worked... there was only one show recording at that point.
I never did reset it - it worked fine after that....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts