My 54.0 Remote is Shedding . . .

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SandFarmer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 21, 2009
The Beach.
. . . so I'm sitting here watching Deadpool on FX even though I own it, and they left the cuss words in!!, and thought that there was "gunk" on my remote and started to scratch it off. I got pitch plastic black gunk under my nails. "YUCK!" SO it turns out to be like Logitech and their "rubberized" plastic that is only a coating over the plastic that over time and body oil disintegrates and leaves you with a peeling mess. So that "Textured" area is actually a coating from what this is telling me. Just took some 3M Desk & Office (not sure how much of the office it does, although Bob the Progress Thermometer Programmer could use a good wipe down) Cleaner and wiped it down and nothing came off. In the light the it looks like the paint job of the S.S. Minnow.

. . . so I'm sitting here watching Deadpool on FX even though I own it, and they left the cuss words in!!, and thought that there was "gunk" on my remote and started to scratch it off. I got pitch plastic black gunk under my nails. "YUCK!" SO it turns out to be like Logitech and their "rubberized" plastic that is only a coating over the plastic that over time and body oil disintegrates and leaves you with a peeling mess. So that "Textured" area is actually a coating from what this is telling me. Just took some 3M Desk & Office (not sure how much of the office it does, although Bob the Progress Thermometer Programmer could use a good wipe down) Cleaner and wiped it down and nothing came off. In the light the it looks like the paint job of the S.S. Minnow.
So is your 54.0 shedding or your Logitech?

"Yes." Both. The Logitech long since did the snake thing. But it's the 54.0 as in the Title of the thread . . .
"My 54.0 Remote is Shedding . . ."

Reactions: charlesrshell
Maybe you should go to the doctor, you may have something in your oils in your body that disintegrates things.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Maybe you should go to the doctor, you may have something in your oils in your body that disintegrates things.

"GO TO THE DOCTOR?!" "I'M A SUPERHERO!!" "I think I'll call myself the "The Disintegrator!" Now I need to get some freaky stretchy jammies. (ones that don't disintegrate. I'd hate to be fighting crime with my tally wacker hangin' out . . . ) There has been a lot of conversation in the Logitech forums about the cheap rubberizing process that they use. They even replaced the Harmony One that snaked on me, they said that, and an MX1000 (the best mouse they ever made) that the "rubber" finish flaked or gooed off.
or
Maybe I'm like those Amazonian Frogs that if you lick them you'll hallucinate. "Here Lick Me!!"
or
Maybe certain new "cheap manufacturing processes" don't hold up and I happen to be the one that realize or discovered them and made public comment . . .
or
You are saying that I am "Toxic" . . .

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I find it amusing when networks bleep or re-dub the audio but totally forget about the closed captions

For a long while certain networks let it to get through during "late night" airings and even announced that was their new thing. Then just let it go all the time, then stopped, started back up, rinse, repeat. In the past I have checked to see if it squeaked through on CC and saw where it did and where it was F*** or just **** that made it just as easy to know what was said. But this was prime time. That's what "titillated" me and made me proud of FX for not hobbling the movie. If it's too vulgar to broadcast, then just don't show the movie in the first place.

But all the while, the coating on my 54.0 Remote was and is still scratching off . . .

or simply call Dish and tell them your remote is coming apart and they will ship you a new one...

Capital idea. Thought maybe a (remember new logo) dish person might see it here. I'll have to give them a call. I'll let you know what they say . . .

Strangely enough, I ended up with 4 remotes after my two Hopper3 install.

Just thought I'd share this with my friends. You are suppose to share with your friends. Even if it's icky. Right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)