My 6000 can not be activated...

rexorcist

Original poster
Nov 24, 2004
Howdy, 1st time posting in this forum.
I recently bought a BEV 6000 from an american
Works great no broken parts yaddayadda...
But when I called bell to activate it, they said the card/reciever
wasnt cancelled or deactivated.

I've emailed the seller but he is to no avail.

What do I do in a situation like this? I'm a legit sub and I assume he was too
because it doesnt look like the smart card was taken out numerous times to be
written to over and over again.

Can anyone help me?

TIA
ReX

rexorcist said:
Howdy, 1st time posting in this forum.
I recently bought a BEV 6000 from an american
Works great no broken parts yaddayadda...
But when I called bell to activate it, they said the card/reciever
wasnt cancelled or deactivated.

Can anyone help me?

TIA
ReX

Some brokers that handle gray market subscriptions are reluctant to release the subscription.

Try to find out how he subscribed to BEV and try to contact the broker and work it out through them.

Is it a bell reciever/card or a dish net reciever/card? Or even a dish net reciever with a bell card or the other way around?

Thanks for the reply mkm4 i'll try that if he responds, hopefully he does.

Vice Grips: Its a Bell reciever with an old bell rom 10 not the new cards that we just recently recieved.

What did bell say they are going to do now that they know you have a subbed 6000 and somebody else is paying for it? Are they just going to leave it alone? I would think they would cancel the sub it and that would open the door for you to activate it.

Its not subbed, no channels are recieved of the rom 10. (unless that nagra-2 card is already in effect?) Thats what I don't get.
I myself already have 2 subbed 3100s so you'd think they'd let me in that door.

The previous sub must release the receiver from his account to the new person before Bel will activate a used receiver.

I had to go thru that when I switched brokers.

Why would a broker hold onto an account when the person isn't using and likely paying for a sub anymore? It doesn't make sense to me.

Too bad it isn't subbed with the new card. You could have it for free with no problems.

Hopefully you can get this released. Report back Rex when you figure something out. I am curious.

Vice Grips said:
Why would a broker hold onto an account when the person isn't using and likely paying for a sub anymore? It doesn't make sense to me.

Because if you sell it, the new user will need to subscribe through them.

Just recieved confirmation from the vendor by phone that it's been cancelled for over a year. Even he's baffled.
I'm going to call Bell now, i'll post a follow-up or edit this message right away. Maybe I had someone new last time.

EDIT:
The other guy must have been new, because this time they didnt say anything about it being subbed.
only thing was I didnt have the newest software updates so I have to turn off my reciever and get 'em before activating.
Hope the next person I get doesnt say it's subbed...all over again...

That sounds more in line with reality. Incompetent bell employees. Glad it's fixed. Bet the first guy typed in the wrong numbers.

Here's the final update.
They did need the previous owner to call Bell and state that he did sell his reciever,
because for all they know it could have been stolen and thats fine in my books.
Everything now is activated. *phew*

Newbie with lots of questions

Telstar 7 is now more....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)