my 612 reverts to channel 71 at start-up?

dbajaer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
When I turn on my 612 it always reverts to channel 71, and neighbor with a 622 has the same problem, could this be the result of an update by D for the DVR's. I have a problem with the 612 as the DVR has failed and will replace it soon with anther 612, at first I thought it was related to the same problem until I found the same thing going with a 622. Anyone else having the same problem?

Channel 71

I turn the 612 off at night, when I hit the on button in the morning I expect it to be on the same channel I last viewed. What I get is channel 71. Sorry about the D thing I should have used the E. Just seemed like it might be a software change, if so lots of other E customers with DVR's should be seeing the same thing.

I have 2 612's and this isn't happening to me. Was on 110/119/61.5 but now have an EA dish.

What channel is the last recording of the night or over-night?
In fact, do you have any recordings set for channel 71 or for any OTA or channel below 101?
Have you changed your remote's address from the default 1? Check with menu+menu.
-Ken

Have you changed your remote's address from the default 1? Check with menu+menu.
-Ken

See quote below about remote addresses

Scott Greczkowski said:
The new remotes operate at
a new 2 Gigahertz range and each remote has its own unique address assigned. There is no more
messing with remote addresses or worrying about conflicts with these new 2G remotes.

Checked the remote code and its 1. I am going to replace the 612 due to the 311 error code, failed HD. The channel 071 must be the result of that failure, never recorded any channels below 300. Thanks for the input, best I get one sent and get through the change over. Perhaps the new 612 will not freeze momentarily as this one also does, thanks again for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts