92 UHF vs IR

jeremybe

Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
NH
Hi-
I just had the 922 installed - I have a Universal remote that I use to control all of my devices - I was told by the installer that the 922 only supports UHF and that I will no longer be able to use my Universal remote - Is this true??? I would like to be able to use my 1 remote for everything - Please help!

Not true. You can enable IR in the menus. It will work with the standard dish remote address 1.

Yep, need to enable it in the "Remote control" menu near the bottom. It says "IR". Enable it and you're golden. My harmony one works great!

Thank you! That was it - Works great... Now 2 other questions that hopefully you can help with ...

My Guide data is off by 3hrs - its 12:45 now and the guide is saying 3:45 any ideas??? And is there any way to show only HD channels??

Thanks

hit the red reset button behind the front door on the receiver after it reboots the clock should be right.

And is there any way to show only HD channels??
There use to be an ALL HD selection in the guide, but they changed it to ALL HD & SD.... (WTF?!)

I hope they bring back the ALL HD selection soon... ALL HD & SD is just like chocing All Channels.... bring back ALL HD! :D

That being said. You can make a custom list to include whatever you want. It will take a little bit to setup but you can fairly easily make your own HD ONLY list. :)

I tried my Harmony that was set for a 722 and everything I tried worked fine. I have not checked the Harmony database yet to see if the 922 has been added.

I just checked and noticed the 922 is in the db, but it's good to hear the 722 codes work the same. I currently have a 622 & a 722. I intend to replace the 622 with a 922. When I added the 722 years ago, I used 622 codes and just renamed it "722". This time, maybe I'll just rename my 622 device to "922".

There use to be an ALL HD selection in the guide, but they changed it to ALL HD & SD.... (WTF?!)

I hope they bring back the ALL HD selection soon... ALL HD & SD is just like chocing All Channels.... bring back ALL HD! :D

There's a way to get the All HD guide. You have to enable it in some other menu. Can't remember the steps but if you're resourceful, you should find it. I'll try to post a walk-thru.

My Harmony One was set for the VIP622 and it works great with the 922. You must go to Menu then Settings then Remote Control then activate the IR Control button. If your Home theater remote was working with any of the previous Dish DVRs it will work with the 922. That being said, I set up the Dish remote for all of my equipment and it also works great. Now I have two HT remotes!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)