Question about running TV1(SDTV) to second zone

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kganger

Original poster
Oct 9, 2006
I really want the 922 instead of the 722 for my basement theater.

However I need to be able to run SDTV to the bedroom downstairs. I don't have a need to watch tv in both the theater and the bedroom at the same time.

Can I run HDMI to the theater and TV1 via rg6 to my bedroom? Can this be done w/o the aftermarket OTA tuner (I am confused on why another post seemed to indicate this was needed)

I would really appreciate any help / advice on this before I upgrade.

You can use the tv2 coax output and it will mirror tv1 output but if you start a sling stream then the tv2 will switch automatically and mirror the sling stream

I have my 722 serving two sets--one HDMI to the theatre room and the second via component to the bedroom. Dish said I couldn't do this but it works perfectly (HD to both sets). Of course, I've had to run 5 cables to the bedroom set.
I guess what I want to know is, does the 922 have both HDMI and the component connections active at the same time? How would you deal with separate remote controls?

OTA

What does the OTA module buy you in this situation? Will the TV1 out on the tuner module mirror TV1 all of the time regardless of the sling status?

Do you need the ota module to output to a second tv eventhough you are not going to use a ota antenna?

You only need the ota tuner if you want the 2nd tv to mirror the tv1 output all of the time

I am mirroring to 5 tv's also u have to enable share view so u can see the guide on the other tvs or else u will see a black screen.

Koilvr, share view just enables mirror of tv1 when sling is not use. If you start a sling then your black srceen will have the guide etc on your coax for tv2. But I agree it works best with share view on. The nice thing is the remote programed for remote 2 will become tv1 remote with no sling and then will switch to tv2 as soon as a sling starts. This setup works really good better than a 722 duo in my setup. If I want to watch what is on tv1 on another tv I can watch it and my remote works if needed or I can start a sling from my iphone and watch whatever I want on the other tv's hooked to coax and my remote becomes a tv2 remote automatically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts