My 622 activation and Programming Change Experience

sampatterson

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Marietta, GA
Just thought I would post so other can see my experience with getting my 622 activated and the correct programming changes made so I could get the new "mpeg4" HD channels. The whole process for me was just over an hour on the phone with Dish because of the overseas call center not truly understanding how the new programming packages work. I figure it should get much better as I was the first 622 that the CS agent and then her supervisor had activated and changed programming. Even though the below sounds bad, it really wasn't too bad of an experience, as this is a very new receiver and new programming packages and even I wasn't too sure exactly what I needed (with the new names, etc)

My original programming was Dish Everything Pack + Locals +Superstations+DishLatino(with Playboy ES) + HD Package + VOOM

The activation piece was easy and took just a few minutes to give her the receiver info (and to remove one of my existing 942s). The trouble began when the agent started to change the programming packages. She first told me that my existing programming couldn't be kept because they don't have the old programming on the system anymore by those names (of course I knew about the new HD Platinum, etc.) The CS agent told me I could either have HD Platinum or HD Dish Latino, that I had to choose one or the other. They said I could have the HD Dish Latino Platinum Pack but it doesn't have all the english channels, just a subset, or I could just have the HD Platinum Pack without any of the Spanish stations. Of course this didn't sound right. I would actually lose some of my English stations if I went with HD Dish Latino Platinum. So I asked for a supervisor. She said that the first agent hadn't been trained correctly and that she could add the correct programming I wanted. She said it was the HD Platinum + Latino Bonus Pack. Great. She hit my receiver with the programming and we said goodbye. I waited about 5 minutes and the most channels were activated. The only ones in red were the new HD Voom Channels, UNIHD, ESPN2HD. Everything else was correct.

Called back and got to the advance tech support line. He was very helpful but couldn't find out what the issue was. I mentioned the issue with the programming and he said, yes, it is not correct as they had HD Platinum + the Old Voom + the Old HD package and no DishLatino at all. He tried different things and finally wen to his supervisor who said remove everything and build the account from scratch. He built it as: HD Platinum+Locals+Superstations+DishLatino Bonus Pack.

So if you have both English and Spanish and want to keep all the english channels in the Everything Pack and all the Spanish channels, you have to ask for "HD Platinum + Latino Bonus Pack". Otherwise the agents may tell you that is not possible.

The great news is the 622 is up an running like a charm. I would say nearly twice as fast when changing channels, scrolling through the guide, searching, etc. The Dish Interactive is now fast enough to be called interactive. The waiting times for screen to load seem to also be twice as fast as my 942. The search screens allow much better detailed searches than the 942 did.

Had one lockup/reboot when tuning to a local OTA HD before authorization (and my locals showed up) but other than that one incident it ran overnight and recorded all events that had been scheduled without issue.

Sam

My second 622 just came via UPS - so will be activating it tonight. It should go much quicker as it is just an activation not the programming change I had above!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)