My 622 Delivered Today

jimboeau

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 5, 2004
Western WI
My 622 was delivered today via UPS. My install date is Feb 21. Can I install this myself and get it activated? I have a 121 superdish as well as a 61.5 dish. Does the 622 come with a seperator? I will need one as it is replacing an 811. Should I wait until the 21st? I'd like to have the installer swing the 61.5 over to 129 when he comes... Any thoughts??:D :D

do you have DPP 44 switch right now at your house since you have SD and 61.5? and yes it have dp separator. but if you call to activate your 622 CSR going to have to cancel your apartment and close the work order. so better of waiting for the tech.

volkodav said:
do you have DPP 44 switch right now at your house since you have SD and 61.5? and yes it have dp separator. but if you call to activate your 622 CSR going to have to cancel your apartment and close the work order. so better of waiting for the tech.

Yes, I do have a DPP 44. They can't just activate it over the phone?

yes they can but it will close your work order and you going to have to call back to set new appointment for tech to come back and it will push you back even more and why do you want to re point if 129 mirrored to 61.5?

volkodav said:
yes they can but it will close your work order and you going to have to call back to set new appointment for tech to come back and it will push you back even more and why do you want to re point if 129 mirrored to 61.5?

I could swing my own satellite to 129 for that matter. I have some tree issues on 61.5 and I have a clear shot at 129 here in WI. What cheap aiming tool would you suggest I get if i do it myself?

connect 61.5 dish to your single tuner box directly then go high light 129 on menu of the receiver menu and go up on a roof and set dish elevation to 34 and slowly move dish remember slowly 1/4 inch at a time because receiver runs on 3 seconds delay on when you move dish. as far as meter goes you can by one on line but it will take a while for it to arrive

I used my wife as a sat finder once and all it caused was a headache and me getting mad. I found out that it was easier to turn up the volume of the TV, call my house phone with my cell phone, place the phone by the speaker, and adjust the dish while I listened on my cell. It works great but is not as convenient as a $9 sat finder.

If I had a ViP622 in my hands today, I sure as heck wouldn't wait almost a week for a tech to come do anything.

If you install and activate it yourself, maybe you can convince them to credit you the cost of the service call you no longer need.

My 622 has arrived. I will be home later and have a good look. Install is not scheduled till 2/22. So what do you guys think? I only have a single tuner (811) receiver right now. Don't I need for a second line to be hooked into the dual tuner on the 622 for it to work properly?

sonnyboy11 said:
My 622 has arrived. I will be home later and have a good look. Install is not scheduled till 2/22. So what do you guys think? I only have a single tuner (811) receiver right now. Don't I need for a second line to be hooked into the dual tuner on the 622 for it to work properly?

yes, you do need 2 feeds in to 622. you can use DP separator on one line if you have DPP technology installed currently

Last edited:
volkodav said:
yes, you do need 2 feeds in to 622. you can use DP separator on one line if you have DPP technology installed currently
Yup, that's what I plan to do tonight; thankfully I have a Dish 1000 already! :D

Mine is sitting here now. Got to wait on the install for mine though. Going from a 625 feeding the living room and bedroom and a 111 in the computer room to the 622 feeding the living room and the computer room, and the 625 feeding the bedroom and a guest room. I need some changes to the wiring to get all of this to work. Don't remember if I'm 2/21 or 2/22 though.

My just came, install today or wait till the 21st ... mmm

volkodav said:

I don't think I do. I have a Dish 500 (110/119) and a Dish 300 (61.5) on the roof. I have two receivers, an 811 in my main room and a 508 in the second room. Not sure about DPP... ?

grab remote and press menu 6-1-3 look at line h and see what it says let us know what it says, that way we can tell you yours options are

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)