My 622 Nightmare

bigmoe221

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 17, 2005
Indiana
So, I'm stoked to hear that my 622 showed up today. I rushed home to hook it up, and called Dish.

The guy tells me that it hasn't taken the software update yet. He tells me to call back after it's updated.

I get it updated, and call back. The next CSR tells me that it cant be activated until my install on 2/25. I hang up and call back. Same story! After 3 calls, I get a guy who wants to help me. He gets it activated, but tells me that they have to come out and install a dish 1000. In the mean time, I should still get all my current channels.

I start playing with it, and try to add the OTA. It sees it, but won't add it to the guide. So, I check my E* HD. It shows red, and gives me a message about calling to activate my HD.

I call, and after the usual check switch routine, she tells me that I can't even have my current HD until my install.

Does this make any sense? In the mean time, I'm going to call back.

Get this, the CSR just told me that the 622 can't recieve my old chanels because they aren't mpeg 4. I love Dish!!!

They keep telling me the reason for all this is the open work order to install the dish 1000. Now he's about to cancel the install date. I really don't care. The way I understand it, only the hd locals will be on 129. I'm going to use my OTA.

Bigmoe221 were you talking to Tech Support? Having Dish turn on the 622 should not cancel your install. When I called they helped me get my 622 running and then verified my install for the 21st. This is my first DVR and I need the DP44. I think it depends on where you live and wheather your HD LIL would come off of 61.5 or 129 to determine if you need the Dish1000.

I hope you don't have the problems i am having with my 211. It just for some reason will reboot and go into recovery console vital information is being downloaded. The problem is it just keeps doing it. You have to unplug and re-start the process about 5 or 6 times before it works again.:mad:

Why the hell can't E* test their equipment thouroghly before releasing the bloody things.

JoeSp said:
Bigmoe221 were you talking to Tech Support? Having Dish turn on the 622 should not cancel your install. When I called they helped me get my 622 running and then verified my install for the 21st. This is my first DVR and I need the DP44. I think it depends on where you live and wheather your HD LIL would come off of 61.5 or 129 to determine if you need the Dish1000.

I tried both. I had a just enough luck with each that I got this done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)