My 625 does something strange, does yours?

Technojunky

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2005
Jensen Beach, FL
My 625 receiver, which is only a couple of months old, while watching something I recorded, it stops for a split second, then continues. On some occasions, it makes a very weird sound when it skips. I backup and run over the same time again and it does not do it, so I know it is the CPU doing this on replay, not in the recording. I want to call DISh and get it replaced, but I have about 50 programs on it and I don't want to let them go when I ship the receiver back to DISH. I wish I knew when I was better off with my Tivo's and cable TV. I never got this kind of crap out of a Tivo, and I had four of them running in one room.

Has anybody else run into this skipping problem on a 625 before? What did you do about it? Thanks to all that reply.. JM

Sounds like the cache runs dry and the drive spins up to refill it. That, or something else was happening in the background.

Yea I have the same problem, but isn't a big problem for me. One movie I recorded, it would have the "glitch" every 10 seconds for a fourth of the movie and then returned to normal. Normally, it only happens occasionally for me.

The 721 does it pretty bad particularly in the morning hours when it is retrieving the new EPG ( Electronic Program Guide ) data.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts