My 8 hour quest to get the DVR921 bundle

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

odbrv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 21, 2004
Lubbock, Tx
I saw a rebroadcast of the 11/8/04 Technical Forum and saw the DVR921 and monitor Bundle for $999. Given that I have been on the waiting list for more than 6 months with 3 of my local dealers in Lubbock, Tx for a DVR921 , I called them. They still had no idea of this deal and still had no idea of when they would get a DVR921. I then called the Dish 800 #. Their agent had no idea of what I was talking about. I then transferred to technical support. They at least knew of the deal and suggested I call the national retailers . The list was Sears, Costco, Sams, and Radio Shack. I called Radio Shack first. The local store had no idea what I was asking for. I then called the Radio Shack National #. Their agent did not have any idea what I was talking about , but did have the DVR921 for the $549 price. Their agent conferenced called the Dish folks and while we were all together the Dish agent said the only national agents for this deal were Sears and Costco. The Radio Shack agent was pleasant though upset with Dish for not including them. I then called the local Sears store and they had no idea of what I was asking for. Their Dept. manager called Dish and called me back to tell me that I could only get it through Dish, but would keep my # in case he gets any info through Sears of this deal. I then recalled Dish and asked for a Supervisor. The Supervisor then looked up upcoming training and saw training for this package and a sales date of Nov 23rd through a Dish agent. I will call them on the 23rd and see what happens. Supposedly they have put a note on my account as to my request and their response.

If that doesn't work, send a polite email to the Executive Office at ceo@dishnetwork.com If you leave a call back number I'm sure they'll call you to get things handled in short order.

Welcome to Satelliteguys!

Bought 2 today

It took 1hour and 40 minutes between 2 Dish CSRs. The big hang up was getting a local installer on board. I was told that they would be installed on the 14th of Dec. The installation counts these two DVR921s as add on units to my current 2 receiver setup. So moving my current receivers to other rooms is included in the installation fee. I was initially told that a wall mount or stand came with each 34" monitor. Then the confirmation agent said no stand. I was quoted a $4.99 per month for 12 months for the HD programming and $4.99 per month for each receiver. Since I have the everything package , I don't have to pay the $4.98 for the DVR features. I have the east/west distant network package( with waivers for analog). If I want to add the CBSHD, I would have to pay for the second dish. If a local package becomes available, then the 2nd dish install is free. Now lets see what actually happens. I will update later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)