My 811 is acting weird.

hdtv1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 1, 2004
I don't know if my neighbor have the same receiver or not, but my 811 is changing the channels by itself the past couple days. Weird stuff or could be the damn 267 update??? How far does the 811 remote works? That would be a pain if my neighbor have the same receiver.

Just put your 811 to system Info screen, then change the RF channel from defaut 1 or whatever you have now to another channel number. THat will eliminate the RF conflict in case there is another unit near by. RF signal distance is vary depend your surrounding structures.

Don't change remote address, just keep turning your 811 to another channel and drive the other guy up the wall. Take this opportunity to have a little fun. :)

The manual has the procedure for changing remote address.

I'm with Gerry.

Actually you could keep ordering Adult PPVs for him, piss his wife off .... No wait, you'd have to pay too.

AcuraCL said:
I'm with Gerry.

Actually you could keep ordering Adult PPVs for him, piss his wife off .... No wait, you'd have to pay too.

Get all the way to the confirm screen, then with the cursor on "Yes" unplug your 811 then press OK. :D

I had a similar problem with somone across the street from me, which brings up a good questions. If he had ordered a ppv or something like that and it made my reciever order it, would E* waive the fee. Just wondering, I have changed my RF channel since then.

To dispatcher 21,

We just being having fun here. In real world, in order to order PPV from receiver, you have to have the phone line connected. The billing is attached with the received ID and well as other vital information with your account :)

hzhao said:
Just put your 811 to system Info screen, then change the RF channel from defaut 1 or whatever you have now to another channel number. THat will eliminate the RF conflict in case there is another unit near by. RF signal distance is vary depend your surrounding structures.

How do I do this? I'm at the screen, but it won't allow me to do anything. I can just click "OK" The remote address is at 1.

thanks

Sorry, page 25 in my manual has nothing about this. I must have a different manual. The front page of the manual said "Dish HD satellite System user guide". I also looked all over this manual, and there's nothing that said how to change the remote channel.

look up "Optimize Your Remote"

In a nutshell,

bring up the SYSTEM INFO screen, near the bottom is the Remote address

On the remote, hold SAT button intill all mode buttons light up

enter a new number, 1-16

press the # button, the SAT buton should flash three times

press the record button

The remote address should now read whatever you had entered.

you know... we always could take a uhf remote and start randomly aiming at houses with Dish to change their channels.

i remember riding home on the schoolbus one day, and found the garage door opener in my pocket from the night before.. and just for fun aiming it at garages to open the door. the bus did a U-Turn and one Garage door was open!

gpflepsen said:
look up "Optimize Your Remote"

In a nutshell,

bring up the SYSTEM INFO screen, near the bottom is the Remote address

On the remote, hold SAT button intill all mode buttons light up

enter a new number, 1-16

press the # button, the SAT buton should flash three times

press the record button

The remote address should now read whatever you had entered.

Thank you. Finally changed it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)