My 811 is Stuck on Stupid!

SBD

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 18, 2005
For the last several weeks, I have been having problems with my 811. Initially, the receiver would try to display an error message, but would freeze before any error message could be seen. It would flash the word "call" on the bottom left of the screen.

I did a reset by unplugging the receiver and also by holding down the power button. This worked for about a day and would then do the same thing. So I decided to call and tech support basically instructed me to do the same thing I had already done.

Lately, it no longer freezes, but now displays a message saying that I need to call to avoid service interuption. I called and billing confirmed that I had a zero balance and tech support again gave me the advice of holding down the power button.

Anyone else have these problems or additional advice?

SBD

I have the HD Local channels fron Dish, so I do not use OTA at all. The warning came up again today to call Dish to avoid cancellation of my account. No one knows why the message keeps appearing when I call.

SBD

you cant have HD locals from Dish with a 811. The onyl ones that support HD locals via dish is the 622, 411, 211

The 811 gets the HD locals OTA

I feel your pain, although my 811 is not acting in the same way as yours I have had many issues with it over the last several weeks, after well over a year with no problems at all.

Maybe Dish thinks if they screw around with enough people's 811 that they'll upgrade to a ViP211 instead?

Nah, they'd never do that...

Nah. they'd never do that......but that is exactly what I've been thinking, just seems kinda funny that all of a sudden, out of the blue these problems are developing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)