My 811 Receiver Worth?

vinnyv07

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2004
Hello guys. I just cancelled my HD service from Dish and I was going to put my 811 receiver up on ebay. I searched it on ebay and the 811 is still being sold for about $70-$120. Is Dishnet even activating these receivers anymore? What the heck are people buying it for? Also, I have a OTA antenna connected to it.....will the OTA part of the receiver be shut down too? Thanks.

It works as a Dish SD receiver, but can also get OTA HD stations.

And if someone already has a MPEG4 receiver and activates the 811, then it should pick up the MPEG2 HD channels.

The OTA part works only if you have it still connected to a satellite dish. Interestingly, I still get guide data and a few random channels including 101, NASA, CCTV, and I believe Angel 1. I primarily use it (and keep it) to watch OTA HD when I'm recording on my cable HD DVR or if the damn thing crashes. It will also come in handy if I get an HDTV for my bedroom that doesn't have a built in ATSC tuner.

Tom Bombadil said:
It works as a Dish SD receiver, but can also get OTA HD stations.

And if someone already has a MPEG4 receiver and activates the 811, then it should pick up the MPEG2 HD channels.
Ok so Dish is still activating it.....I'm going to sell it at the end of the month. This info is good to know. Thanks.

Tom Bombadil said:
I believe all Dish receivers can get the 100, 101, NASA and a couple other channels even without a subscription.

channels without a sub

101/480/490-Dish 101
103 & 500-PPV preview
156 & 919-Sirius preview
213-NASA
262-Angel One
265-CCTV9

use to get the PI channels on the wings but Dish nuked that a while back :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts