my 921 story...

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
As a dish network coustomer i feel @ss raped right now... as an employee im losing faith in the company i work for. Last night I ordered a 921. I finally have had it with my 811 and want to take a sledge hammer to it.. Went to various retailers in my area first... all out of stock.. one wanted me to wait till monday before he even made the trip to go pick one up. I laughed and said had a nice day.. Went to dishstore.net didnt see one there.. must be out of stock.. ok.. well called up dish. ordered it.. wanted to pick it up at work. told the csr that all i needed was the work order i didnt care about the install date because i would be installing it myself. so they set me up with an install date on the 31st. ok fine.. got to the verifacation part and then i was told that it was being shipped... WHAT?? in my dispare. why is it being shipped. the csr told me that under this promotion it had to be shipped cauz it was specifically stated for me to get it at a reduced price of "549" wait a minute.. thats MSRP!!!!!! no programming commitments. nothing.. thats what dish was bsing me with. so i said ok how long. the csr told me a week to get it WHAT? i said??? no I want it faster. the whole point for me to set it up was to go pick it up from work so I could have it faster. the CSR told me there was nothing that she could do. Well do you have next day expidited shipping.. csr puts me on hold.. comes back online.. yes we do its 24.95 do you want it.. yes i do.. she said then that it would be shipped out tonight and call back in the morning for tracking information.. So this morning i called back. played CSR roulette again.. The csr that i talked to said no shipping info avaible.. looking at my statement online at this time i noticed that i had a 549 credit on my bill plus a 2495 credit on the bill.. no charge so far for the 921. I once again ask if i can go pick it up sence i work for DNSC. Once again no. So I talk to her serperviser (sorry for the mispelling) no help there getting more pissed off. :mad: at this time i just said you have 10 min to get me a tracking number or im getting ready to cancelle. still no help. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: so i asked to be transfred to the executive office. her supervisor reluctanly did. Talked to the executive office no help there.. at first they said It wasnt being shipped expidited and i said bull sh*t and gave them the payment authorization number. then it was oh ok so u did. the researched and then they said nothing they could do. other than call back tonight and see if theres shipping info... ok... so once again played csr roulette.. its now 9 pm. placed the order over 24 hours ago. called back.. the first csr i talked to got hung up on... my cell phone droped its tower.. sh*t. called back.. the 2nd csr said once again no tracking info and gave me the number to ups to get the tracking info from ups.. called up ups knoing they wouduldnt be able to help me and i would have to get it from dishnetwork. talked to ups. they confermed what i thought.. called back dishnetwork. talked to a 3rd csr for 60 min. this guy was helpfull. I come to find out the the reciver is on backorder and no one told me. Well sence its on back order and i happen to know were some are (at work ) that has no work orders assocated with it can you change the work order so i can go get it..... NOPE>> once again they keep saying the word promotion.. at this point i was like look i can go buy this out right from any retailer and have it the same day for the same price. This is not a promotion.. so i was put on hold.. came back off of hold and then i was told I had two options Cancel my work order and request a refund witch would take up to 4 days or wait... this point im pissed but calm because i know its not the csr's fault.. So im choseing to wait.. and go to work and see if i can pick up one there. if i wanst an employee and getting my credits for programming I would be so out the door and saying hello to voom again or d* Talk about being @ss raped by the company you work for... will keep you alll updated... on poor coustomer service that im reciving right now. Also i found out that the promotion that dish is trying to say im under specifically states that the reciver has to be shipped. and they keep saying to there coustomers that its a promotion to make it look like its a value that there giving them.. eventhough its msrp... BE VEARY AWARE

JAL

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 19, 2004
This simply exemplifies the problems Dish Network has with its rules and equipment availability. For example, when I tried to get an 811 from a dealer, it had to be "my" dealer. However, "my" dealer was out of business. So, i had to wait for an "install" by Dish Network, and miss a day of work waiting for an "installer" who never showed up. Likewise, if I want a 921, I can't go to a retailer because I need a switch. I can get it for free from Dish, but only if I wait for an "install" While these may seem like trivial issues, they cause unnecessary frustration to customers. Likewise, i can't go to a radio shack or a sears, etc. to pick up an extra receiver or a switch. All you get is a form, and they send an installer out. The point is, with Directv, I can go almost anywhere, and get the things I need, no hassle, no special rules, and no b.s. That is precisely why I have been thinking about switching to Directv.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
yea i know... im beginging to think that too.. im going to see what i can do this morning when i go to work.... (in class right now at devry my work is only 2 min from here. ) Im kind of curious to see what the csr has put in my account notes... keep you all posted

DishTechCB

Dec 13, 2004
yup

A few things

The reason that you don't have tracking information is 1) the obvious that you already know, the receiver is on back order. also 2) expedited shipping actually goes through fedex, not UPS.

Also, the $549 through dish is a promo cost in that it includes the installation and all switch gear and other equipment needed at no additional cost. Waiting sucks but there's not much they can do....except make more 921's. WOW! I SHOULD BE CHARLIE'S ASSISTANT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)