Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Bombadil

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 5, 2005
Chicago-Milwaukee Region
Starting a few days ago, my browser starting freezing / hanging when browsing SatGuys. It had never happened before, and I'm not having problems with any other web site.

I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.3 on a Macintosh running OS X.

It only freezes the window (and all tabs in that window) with SatGuys in it. All of the other windows work fine. And if I immediately open a window back to SatGuys, it works fine for 30-90 minutes until it freezes again.

It happens in all SatGuy's forums.

1) Try PDA Mode, see if it still does it. If it stops (i'm sure it will), start blocking images until you figure out what's causing it, and then report back what's causing the freeze and someone will take a look at it i'm sure. May take a few days to figure out which of the images on the page are causing it, but that's probably what it is.

I'm a little unhappy that I got some satellite dish spam this morning, though I'm signed up for nothing but this site. Some tracking going on that we don't know about?

Purogamer said:
1) Try PDA Mode, see if it still does it. If it stops (i'm sure it will), start blocking images until you figure out what's causing it, and then report back what's causing the freeze and someone will take a look at it i'm sure. May take a few days to figure out which of the images on the page are causing it, but that's probably what it is.

I'm a little unhappy that I got some satellite dish spam this morning, though I'm signed up for nothing but this site. Some tracking going on that we don't know about?

It might have been random, nothing to do with this site.

I am using Firefox 1.5.0.3 on OSX ver. 10.4.6 with no issues. (Safari is another story)

Im getting a hanging issue since the emergency downtime recently, not really a big issue just need to hit refresh every so often to get it going.

Could also be a caching issue for those of you who have large cache allocations. Sometimes the simple fixes are the ones you overlook...

I'd like to think the majority of us are on firefox and we're not having these issues from what I can tell...

Purogamer said:
Could also be a caching issue for those of you who have large cache allocations. Sometimes the simple fixes are the ones you overlook...

I'd like to think the majority of us are on firefox and we're not having these issues from what I can tell...

I'm using Firefox with no issues, not since the slow loading page problem went away.

Since disabling scripts, I haven't had a problem.

I now have the 1.5.0.4 update, and with word that some things on the board have been fixed, I'm going to turn scripts back on to see if the problem returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)