My CenturyLink on DIRECTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

steve952

Original poster
Nov 24, 2007
Minnesota
I have probably an unusual circumstance where I recently added phone service to my bundled internet & tv through CenturyLink. I am not seeing the "My CenturyLink" option on my D* menu where I can access my caller id / voicemail / etc. I'm guessing some sort of manual intervention is going to have to happen from either CenturyLink or D* for this to happen. Calls to both CenturyLink & D* have not gone well - they generally have no idea what I'm even talking about. The last person at D* offered me a credit (along with the usual up-sells of premiums) as it "wasn't working and didn't know when it would be fixed". Has anyone had any luck finding anyone that knows how this works? I have tried restarting one of my receivers and that did not work. The receivers are connected to the internet through a broadband deca.

Here is what I'm referring to:

CenturyLink | DirecTV Through CenturyLink. See Satellite TV Offers. (click on "CenturyLink on DIRECTV")

And a flash demo here: MyCenturyLink DirecTV Presentation

Thanks!
Steve

I personally despise talking to someone at a call center, everything is scripted and seems like the customer service rep doesn't really care if your problem is resolved or not. Your best bet is to look up your nearest centurylink store and pay them a visit. In my experience with the folks at their stores they are very competent, knowledgeable, & most of the time you can contact the same person after the fact so there is no repeating yourself to csr after csr. The same goes with satellite TV, most will call the national listed #'s, but local retailers usually know their products better than the customer service people on the phone. Good luck, wish I could be more help.

This thread is over a year old but it applies to a recent situation. I noticed caller id was no longer being displayed. It had worked for a couple years on the HR22 since I inserted the second DSL filter. Then I noticed a new option in the menu..... My Centurylink with a number to call if you have problems/questions/want to disable.... Centurylink not a clue. Finally transferred to a CL person responsible for apartment installations. He told me to do a reset. Did so and the My Centurylink option disappeared and caller id became functional again. Problem solved.... NOPE! In a few hours the option reloaded and caller id again non-functional.
Another call, this time to DTV. The tech support person was having the same problem with his receiver and said he had several pages of call-ins with the same issue. It was an issue with CL's implementation of the app. So another call to CL but did finally get a support person in Idaho who hadn't heard of problem but was interested in solving. After 30-40 mins of trying this and that we departed with his leaving a message with some dept. that I wanted it disabled. I haven't found much doing a general web search. Is this an isolated problem?
In the meantime I plan on disconnecting my Ethernet cable so it can't reload. Hopefully CL will let me know if they've disabled this non-functional feature.

My Centurylink seems to be a mystery to just about everyone. Certainly the DirecTV CSRs know nothing. It is as you say some sort of app that Centurylink provides, but it seems to be a mystery to Centurylink also. Even though they provide a number to call if you are having problems.

It's a known bug on Centurylink's side. I fought it when I was in Case Management (For directv). They have to throw a "flag" on the software to get it to work. Unfortunately, most of the centurylink techs dont know about it (I dont think they put in their scripts).
Best to get Centurylink to disable it. Once thats done, the menu heading goes back to "Caller ID" and it will start working again.

Thanks for replies... I left the conversation yesterday to disable. We'll see! For now I've unplugged the Ethernet cable so it can't reload. However this also disables other features such as weather and sport scores that are updated thru the internet.
I found one web reference that a call to Centurylink's business office was necessary to get it disabled.

Closing the loop on this issue

As previously reported, the Idaho TS person wrote an order that I wanted this feature disabled. This was last Sunday. I got a call Thursday from CL asking if the MyCenturylink feature had been disabled. It has. The CL support person said they had to "quarantine" my 2 receivers so it wouldn't reload. Of interest I only have one receiver, the HR22. Further he said CL was updating their TS personnel with the ability to make this change rather than the pushups I went through. Any case it's unfortunate I had to go to this extent but also commend CL for the positive follow up.
If working I'd guess it's a nice feature but the lack of knowledgeable support I didn't want to keep on trying to fix it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)