My dish can't find signal.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

brianfast

Original poster
Jul 17, 2006
I was deleting recordings but afterwards it froze for a long time so I powered it down and when it booted back up the hard drive started spinning and it got to progress: 3/5 then the tv signal cut out and after a while the process would start again...

take note of what time of the day that this happens and where you live. I've been having periodic outages as well.

I'm chalking it up to "that time of the year" where the radiant power of the sun (at it's current distance, angle etc.) overpowers the microwave signal from the satellite.

My outages last for anywhere from 3 to 15 minutes then everything goes back to normal for the remainder of the day.

Its been happening since last night and I havn't gotten the signal once.

This happened after the DVR froze and I powered it off.

SpenceJT said:
I'm chalking it up to "that time of the year" where the radiant power of the sun (at it's current distance, angle etc.) overpowers the microwave signal from the satellite.

"Sun outages" only happen in the spring and fall. If it is happening now you have some other problem (like a bad LNB).

brianfast said:
Dish is sending me a new DVR box

BTW what does LNB stand for?
Low noise block. Short for LNBF low noise block feedhorn. The working end of the DISH.

625 cannot Acquire Satellite

brianfast said:
I was deleting recordings but afterwards it froze for a long time so I powered it down and when it booted back up the hard drive started spinning and it got to progress: 3/5 then the tv signal cut out and after a while the process would start again...

When you start up your receiver, press Menu, then 6, 1, 1. Then click on Check Switch. Then click on Test. If it comes back as 119 Ok 110 Ok, then click done and exit out of it all and let system re-boot, If it comes out 119 x, 110x or all x's then you have to call customer service and set up a Trouble Call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)