My DISH ex-brothers, get Engadget-HD involved with Charlie's broken promise.

dslate69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2006
NC
If DISH doesn't get your Viacom stations up this week, Engadget-HD may get more attention on what was said and actually delivered by Charlie on the last Charlie Chat. They have more eyeballs and a broader audience so if nothing else it may make DISH come out with a statement.
As far as I know no one outside of the Sat Forums are talking about this. Just a suggestion. :up

I should check with Ben, although he is a DirecTV guy and might not care if Dish Network gets new HD or not. :)

Retailer chat today at noon, hopefully we get an update then.

If DISH doesn't get your Viacom stations up this week, Engadget-HD may get more attention on what was said and actually delivered by Charlie on the last Charlie Chat. They have more eyeballs and a broader audience so if nothing else it may make DISH come out with a statement.
As far as I know no one outside of the Sat Forums are talking about this. Just a suggestion. :up

You certainly have a right to your post but I don't think there's any point in something like this.

First, where else would we expect to hear about satellite programming except in forums? Second, nothing Charlie says is enforceable. Smart people look at the stations a service has and make their decision based on that. Anyone with half a brain knows that Dish doesn't have Viacom-HD so there's no information to add.

You certainly have a right to your post but I don't think there's any point in something like this.

First, where else would we expect to hear about satellite programming except in forums? Second, nothing Charlie says is enforceable. Smart people look at the stations a service has and make their decision based on that. Anyone with half a brain knows that Dish doesn't have Viacom-HD so there's no information to add.
I am scratching my head on the relevance of your post. :confused:
I think we all know good and well where Satellite info is and isn't. That was actually the point in taking the "word" to somewhere besides choir practice.
As this post has nothing to do with which provider has what channels in a comparative nature but only in a "stated delivery" nature I will just ignore your questioning of anyone's intelligence.

For the record I don't think any one expects Charlie to be served a court order to add those channels, they just want the channels added. My post was only a suggestion in a possible way to motivate those that can get it done.

I should check with Ben, although he is a DirecTV guy and might not care if Dish Network gets new HD or not. :)

Well like myself, I think we all want strong competition. And as much as I want to be happy that I made the right decision with my provider I don't want my provider to be in a position to ignore what the other providers do and don't do.

I did a quick search of engadget-hd and couldn't find a post of the Charlie Chat statement, which I could of swore they quoted you on. Must have been some other Sat news. Oh well good luck.

I sent them (engadget hd) an email on the 1st when what was promised did not happen. Never heard anything back from them or have seen anything on the website.

Scott,

Just curious, you showed a slide from the last retailer chat, that showed the viacom channels and the date April 1st.

I'm assuming they give you that info to aid you as a retailer to entice customers to sign up. So they haven't even given you retailers an official statement as to why it didn't happen?