My Dish Network Install report (After switching to cable, I'm back)

J3ff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
So last time I did one of these and it turned into a very interesting thread.

If you'd like to see how it went the first time two years ago read up here ---> http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=13061 and http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=13081&page=1

So far so good! I was told the guys would call the night before, THEY DID!

They have me written down for FOUR DVR's .......when I really just wanted two tv's with a dvr and one tv without....

So that was a lil hiccup....however I was told i would get a call at 7 and again, 7 am he calls! says i'm the first on his list.........and he would see me at 8, my install was 8-12.

I have a feeling he's going to be happy when he sees my house is already wired from the last install, and the two dishes are still on the roof!

haha Will update.

Last edited:
8:10 and here they are, real knowledgeable guys.......he even noted how I had the ground right there waiting for him!!

OH and he says they have me slated for a 542 and a VIP622

So I'm not sure why, but they gave me a dvr for the third tv, is this going to change my costs? or is this a mistake? I said "ok fine" but if I see more charges for this on my bill I'll be calling them up.

well that was nice......in and out, set stuff up.....seems as the recievers are the wrong ones....my movie channels are not working how they are supposed to, but if that's the only problems....whatever :)

the 622 is AWESOME!

LOL- about 30 seconds after that post, the picture went black menus froze and now it rebooted and is aquiring signal.......

OOH BOY is all I'm thinking right now!

helloooooo hellllloooooo lol

It's ok if no-one cares :) They did do a much better job this time! I was impressed by the workmanship and i can't even see the wires on the outside of the house!

Echo

Did you get a subcontractor or a DNSC tech?
Edit: Just read through all your old install threads. I'm suprised at the higher level of workmanship expected/delivered today as opposed to 3 years ago...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)