My Dish Remote won't control my TV

jlaavenger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 12, 2005
My Dish Remote won't control my Pioneer 111fd Plasma. Dish says it isn't compatible. I read that Dish has a new remote coming out soon. Anyone have info on it? Any chance it'll work on the newer TVs?

It will. If your TVs' code isn't already in it, it'll "learn" it. I've got 2 TVs that I can't use the Dish remote with. The new one is a 21.0 remote. SUPPOSED to be released this month.................SOON, lol;).

ed

I have a Harmony One but my wife has trouble with it and prefers the dish remote. I use the Harmony myself 95% of the time but I don't don't like that it doesn't do the 5 seconds back and forward features.

I have a Harmony One but my wife has trouble with it and prefers the dish remote. I use the Harmony myself 95% of the time but I don't don't like that it doesn't do the 5 seconds back and forward features.

I just added a EHD to my VIP211 and I went to the Harmony web site and added the DVR stuff for the VIP622 and it now does what you are looking for.
I my case I have to go to devices and use the DVR logo but that is a minor inconvenience. But to start a recording I just have to push the record button I don't have to go the devices for that function.

A Harmony or a cheapo Sony learning remote will work fine...............IF you only need it in the same room as the receiver. It ain't gonna work from another room.

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)