My Dish'n It Up Experience

I have decided not to fool around with their one-year policy. I am switching to Comcast for a least the next twelve months, and then if I am unhappy, both D* and E* should have their MPEG4 conversions complete.

When you compare the 811 to other receivers and what you get for the value, it isn't worth the 14.99 it costs me a month to have it...

BTW.. has anyone found a copy of their dishn it up contract stating we can only upgrade once a year???

Barry Erick said:
That statement is a bunch of bull.
If, by "bull", you mean 100% correct, then you are correct. The 811 is indeed a piece of junk. It is only now, well over a year since release, that it's almost at he level it should have been at release. Not there. But, almost there. This far after release, it should work near perfectly.

Update on my experience

Here is the response I received from ceo at E* this past Friday:

"I appreciate your patience. I am still waiting approval to authorize the installation of a 522 for you and several other valued customers. Be assured I will contact once I have any news. I apologize for the delay.
Thank you,

Kristen "

I guess we will have to wait and see what they can really do for us. And who knows how long it will be....

reasons why you wouldn't qualify for dish n it up:

non pay disc within last year

late payments

(from my experience) having a monthly rate below 50.00

already participated

no credit card

been with dish for less that 1 year

richmondr
jdpower #1 csr

jlhugh said:
IF your statement is true then as long as someone didn't upgrade in January this year then they should be able to upgrade now since we are in a new year.

1 year from last upgrade

richmondr
jdpower #1 csr

jbcheshire said:
would someone please block 'richmondr' from our posts? He is throwing stuff out left and right without reading the entire contents of the thread.

i did read the entire thread stupid, why wouldn't i, thats why i replied to help answer your question and others. I don't need this on my day off, you customers are stupid as sh*t anyway you expect so damn much. and i hope they do block me, i have to answer your dumb questions on the phone and i am trying to do so at home as well, and then i get some rude little sob like you. trying going to hell and get cable, sat doesn't want you...... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

richmondr said:
i did read the entire thread stupid, why wouldn't i, thats why i replied to help answer your question and others. I don't need this on my day off, you customers are stupid as sh*t anyway you expect so damn much. and i hope they do block me, i have to answer your dumb questions on the phone and i am trying to do so at home as well, and then i get some rude little sob like you. trying going to hell and get cable, sat doesn't want you...... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

i don,t know about others but for me richmondr has been helpful in answering my question not often some that works for a company take time to answer forums post.

richmondr said:

Thanks for calling me a stupid customer. You will do E* proud as an employee. At least I don't have to read from a script at my job like you have to.

Good luck with your job.

Hey richmondr, I didn't ask for your opinion on this board. And your name calling just proves our point about the lack of courtesy/professionalism more prevalent today in the customer support centers. I am not stupid and your comments are very rude. No one asked you to come to this board on your "day off". You are right that customers expect a lot, why shouldn't we? I am sure that you expect your food to be served hot and as you ordered it at a restaurant, don't you? Or that the electronic item you buy from the store to WORK when you bring it home and take it out of the box??? I now see why we can't believe anything the CSRs at E* tell us when we call them on the phone...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts