My experience with cancelling service ( and Im an ex employee )

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Ok so as some of you know I used to work for Charlie ( Chuckles the clown ) Ergen as an installer and had done so for 6 years until this past May when the corporate machine let the ax fall but thats another story unto itsself.

So after having one more month of the at120 with Detroit locals on a 508 and a 311 for $15 a month ( $30 a month employee discount ) I had to call and cancell service as I had moved out of state and in with family and didnt want the normal bill nor did I want to have anything further to do with dish......that and I didnt want to sink a polemount and run 150ft of cable to the house and after seeing some of the local install work was not about to let anyone onsite either.

July 7 I called and cancelled service explaining that the new location was a NLOS and I gave the CSR ( based in PA and speaking perfect english ) my new address as well as details of the original lnbf now residing 850 miles to the north. The CSR asured me that she had changed the address and cleared the return of the lnbf and sent the boxes out wich by the 15th of July I had not received so onto my second call to dish. The new CSR looked into my account and found that the address had not been changed but did find the note pertaining to the lnbf and also told me that the account had not been cancelled, in 5 minutes she had the address changed and account noted and in 3 days I got the boxes to return the receivers and remotes ( everything fit perfect ) and off it all went.

Last week I get a bill for $50 from dish and at the same time a bill from comca$t for $156, CSR #3 clears the bill out for dish and the csr for comca$t will send out the correct bill wich I am still waiting on.

So now its a matter of time to wait and see if dish does away with the bill as promised by the csr and if the comca$t bill is correct and reflects one month and not two months with a late payment fee.

update

I took a moment to check my account online and found that I have a past due balance of $0.00 and I have to pay it right away, wonder if I will be getting a call from a collections agency for that one.:rolleyes:

YOU BETTER PAY UP DUDE OR WELL CALL THE AUDIT TEAM AFTER YOU!!! LOL any advise on becoming a cert installer? i would really like to hear your full story.

No advice on a cert installer though I would recommend staying away from dish network as they appear to be screwing over all installers both subs and inhouse now. I've been looking at installing for masteck wich is doing install work for directv but so far I havent heard much of anything good about them.

Van said:
I took a moment to check my account online and found that I have a past due balance of $0.00 and I have to pay it right away, wonder if I will be getting a call from a collections agency for that one.:rolleyes:

I cancelled my Dish Network account over 2 yrs. now. I still can login to my account and it always shown "Past Due Balance of $0.00". Talk about updating their records, I shouldn't even be able to login.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts