My FIOS TV vs. DISH Compare

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'll probably make this the last FIOS post so I don't get anyone angry with all the FIOS stuff in the DISH Network forum...

But...no, the TV and internet are separate.

I pay $44.95/mo for 15/2 internet service.

Considering Jumping Ship ...

Fios TV starts here in a few months and I am highly considering switching. I have a 942 that I spent a ton of $$ on a few years ago, to go futher will need to step up to 622, which means more money each month for leasing fees and such.

Does anyone know about Verizon and Superstations like KTLA, WPIX, and such ?

I have been a happy Dish Network customer for a few years. Fios offered me a deal I couldn't refuse so I switched. Unfortunately I was quoted the wrong price and am now paying a lot more for the Fios than Dish Network. I'm sure that was an error made by a new employee, but that's not why I am switching back. With Fios I am unable to watch programs on my SD TV that I've recorded in HD. With the dish I could watch anything I recorded on any TV in the house. For now I could rent a DVR box for my SD TV for an additional $15/mo, but that's on top of the higher price I'm already paying. I must say the PQ is superior with Fios. But with the added charges and inconvenience, it's just not worth it.

What is FIOS price compared to Dish? What do they charge for HD, DVR, additional outlets, B.S. fees?

They do not charge for hd, but to get the hd channles you need to get the extreme hd package which is the higher one, not sure if they have changed names. There are no other fees but for the boxes, and you have to pay for each one.

I am surprised you are not getting Food HD and the others, I had those when I had fios just this past November.

They do not charge for hd, but to get the hd channles you need to get the extreme hd package which is the higher one, not sure if they have changed names. There are no other fees but for the boxes, and you have to pay for each one.

I am surprised you are not getting Food HD and the others, I had those when I had fios just this past November.
Are you aware this is a three year old thread???

closing thread since someone decided to resurrect a THREE year old thread

**sigh** I wish there were limits on threads so you couldnt respond instead of clicking on the "this thread is really frickin old and responding to it makes you look bad but click here if you still want to" option

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)