My friend is already regretting getting a 922

Hi guys, just wanted to pass this on as a FYI.

During my installation of the Eastern Arc dish and 922 the installer and I had a very interesting conversation about installs. It seems that a week ago he went out on a service call for an install and he was the third installer on this job. He told me that two other installers had been out to the job 4 times and had not figured out why the receiver kept rebooting and losing the signal.

Well the problem was a bad ground for the dish. He told me that with the newer equipment and the switch being part of the lnbs that if the dish was not grounded properly that the newer receivers would lose signal and constantly reboot themselves. I had never heard of that but he told me that he gounded the dish properly and it solved the customers problem. I believe that install was for a new customer and an Eastern Dish and a 722k.

Don't know if that is the problem here but it sure sounds like it. And it makes sense since he had a 622. Changing over to a 722 might not solve his problem. Also, he might want to unplug the receiver completely and let it set for about 30 minutes then plug it back in and let it reboot itself and if it does not work then he should as for a replacement. I have had no problems with missing timers, playback or any other function of my 922 -- I must be lucky :)

Last edited:
I just got mine 3 days ago i have no issues infact i love the VIP 922 there is nothing in the market as of now which even comes close to vip 922

Changing over to a 722 might not solve his problem. Also, he might want to unplug the receiver completely and let it set for about 30 minutes then plug it back in and let it reboot itself and if it does not work then he should as for a replacement. I have had no problems with missing timers, playback or any other function of my 922 -- I must be lucky :)

All I can say is that since he had the 922 replaced with the 722, he's had no problems at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)