My Go Around with the Audit Team (Now RESOLVED!)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
KAB said:
Sean, you keep saying "legally" it's a two family house. Guide us to a NY website that confirms it.

I am not going to publicly post my address. The dept of each state/city has basic information that it is available for each property within the limits of the city/ state. A good percent of it is public. Not as detailed as you do a title search. The point is that this information is obtainable. Legally means that the dept of buildings has categorized the unit as two family. That it is all that means.

Sent from my LG-P999 using SatelliteGuys

Why I would never subscribe to Dish again. I was a victim of the Dish Taliban and told them to shove it up Charlie's you know what. When someone asks what service to use, I always tell them to avoid Dish at all costs. You do NOT treat your customers like that.

Paradox-SJ said:
One address but legally a two family house...

HOW is that even possible?

It may depend on the state you live in but a dwelling may be a legal single family home or it could be a legal multi family home.
Our home is listed in the county records as a two family. When we bought it it was a two family. We lived in the first floor apt and we had a tenant on the second. Separate entrance same address. We have two electric meters and two oil burners.
When the tenant moved out we opened up the house to be a single family. However we never changedthe electric or the official status of the house. Why because when the time comes to sell it would be advantageous to market the house as either or.
I think the issue is how is the home being used not how it is officially listed in the county registry of deeds.
I understand that dish is concerned about stacking but unless it is standard for the audit team to ask if the home is a multi family I just can't see them taking the time and effort to search county records looking for this info, just so they can call...and try to cat h folks doing something against the TOS

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Why I would never subscribe to Dish again. I was a victim of the Dish Taliban and told them to shove it up Charlie's you know what. When someone asks what service to use, I always tell them to avoid Dish at all costs. You do NOT treat your customers like that.
Oh for chissake. You say you were a Dish customer for a few weeks and that was years ago, but you feel it necessary to repeatedly fuel the fire in threads like this in Dish forums??? (http://www.satelliteguys.us/261380-help-me-decide-switch-dish-not-2.html#post2592980 and http://www.satelliteguys.us/261380-help-me-decide-switch-dish-not-2.html#post2592980 )

Last edited:
The receivers were all connected to the same phone line and same number?Wow thats stooping to new lows even for the Nazi's.

One address but legally a two family house...

HOW is that even possible?

They do this all the time in Chicago. Same address, everyone lives on a different floor. One family lives in the basement, one family lives upstairs and another lives in the middle. I cant tell you how many times I pulled up as an installer only to find out that a bunch where pimping their house out like this, and sharing all of the receivers on one bill. On top of it they would have like 3 kids in each apartment!

very easy.... come to nyc and we will show how.

Yep this is common in every major city!

Sorry to hear about your Dish Nazi experience Sean, but glad to hear you're switching to DirecTV. The PQ is better, you're get more programming for less during your first year, and the equipment is just as solid as Dish. Hey, aren't you in a Verizon FiOS area? If so, I would strongly recommend signing-up with them instead.

Atleast he will get his RSN's in full time HD now!

Another one bites the dust due to audit nazi team. You are guilty until proven innocent when it comes to Dish Network. Just be lucky you did not own the units having money in them or they would have been "paperweights".

Too bad you couldn't sue them after all aren't you constitutionally innocent until proven guilty. After all Isnt dish accusing you of breaking the law by saying your account stacking. See where I'm going with this..... The only way this will stop is if Dish gets sued into almost obviation. I'm actually surprised that there already isn't a class action against dish for this!

In VA, single family homes are only allowed to have one kitchen. If you are so zoned, you are not allowed to put in a second kitchen. Published? Well, I guess you could read the zoning. Enforcement? What enforcement?

I think NYC might have too many public servants.

Places are zoned differently everywhere. I have came across homes with multiple kitchens zone as a single family.

The Nazis must be bored.

Or being put on a higher quota.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad you couldn't sue them after all aren't you constitutionally innocent until proven guilty. After all Isnt dish accusing you of breaking the law by saying your account stacking. See where I'm going with this..... The only way this will stop is if Dish gets sued into almost obviation. I'm actually surprised that there already isn't a class action against dish for this!
What law did Dish break ? Let me answer that for you: NONE

Note: I'm by no means defending how this audit-nazi team operates either... Every time I read a post like this, I shake my head.

Funny how the states at each end of our country (NY & CA) have some weird laws. Depends on which way you look at it, but one has to be the a***.

Too bad you couldn't sue them after all aren't you constitutionally innocent until proven guilty. After all Isnt dish accusing you of breaking the law by saying your account stacking. See where I'm going with this..... The only way this will stop is if Dish gets sued into almost obviation. I'm actually surprised that there already isn't a class action against dish for this! ...
I love a well crafted, succinct argument ... Tnx.

Yes. That is what legally constitute a 2 family house legally.

Sent from my LG-P999 using SatelliteGuys

That may be in NY, but not everywhere. And what exactly constitutes a "kitchen". I know many people that have a stove, a fridge and a sink outside in their living area beside the lake. Is that a kitchen? I also know many people that have a second fridge, sink and stove/microwave in their basement/man cave/rec room, is that a second kitchen? If so, that sure doesn't make it a 2 family dweling. In many areas there are more rules than that such as a fire barrier, a second outside/common area entrance, etc.

It's funny reading these posts about one-family, two-family, does it have two kitchens, etc, etc. I think the point is perfectly clear by now:

Whatever decision the audit team makes, stands - end of story.

Even the "DIRT" couldn't over-rule it... :(

SaltiDawg said:
No one has even suggested that Dish did that to the OP, at least. The OP said he was asked if it was multi-family and the OP added parenthetically that it was a matter of public record.

Until the OP answers the question as to whether he has a multi-family dwelling with separate egresses, separate utilities, or zoning for multiple dwelling I think we can resist getting in a stew heck we even had one poster compare the query to "gestapo" tactics. (I would assume someone making such a suggestion is not old enough to know how terrible that analogy is and how to even suggest such a thing is offensive to many of us old enough to remember.)

I see your point, but for what I've heard (never dealt with audit) they are real butt holes.

It's funny reading these posts about one-family, two-family, does it have two kitchens, etc, etc. I think the point is perfectly clear by now:

Whatever decision the audit team makes, stands - end of story.

Even the "DIRT" couldn't over-rule it... :(

You're right. It is a sad state of affairs at Dish. They really need to wake up and understand what they are doing. I'd love to be privy to a cost benefit analysis of the Dish Audit team. I would be shocked to learn that they actually had a positive cash flow effect...

The audit team called me years ago. Turns out I had a bad phone jack and one of the receivers wasn't calling in but the other three were. They still insisted that I had to give them all the receiver info within several minutes or they would shut off the receivers. It was a very unpleasant experience and I really resented their demeaning attitude. If they call again, I will cancel my service.

Just for one extra comment, remember, when the job is to sit behind a computer and be a telephone tough guy, it will attract employees with no people skills. My friend's father works for a defense company, and I'll tell you, unless you're in his family, he treats you like a moron. A job that doesn't require people skills.

You're right. It is a sad state of affairs at Dish. They really need to wake up and understand what they are doing. I'd love to be privy to a cost benefit analysis of the Dish Audit team. I would be shocked to learn that they actually had a positive cash flow effect...
You actually think that a massive successful business like Dish isn't sophisticated enough to determine if it loses or gains money by having a group that ferrets out fraud? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You actually think that a massive successful business likes Dish loses money by having a group that ferrets out fraud? :rolleyes:

I think that it is highly likely. Maybe you don't understand how large businesses work, but there are lots of organizations within large businesses that LOSE money on a daily basis. If you don't understand that then I can't help you...

The analysis that I would like to see is: Revenue lost from audit disconnects (including both people that are shut down by the team and people that cancel because of the bad experience) as compared to increased revenue from additional accounts added as a result of the audit. Then subtract the direct costs related to the audit team as well as their overhead. I would be SHOCKED if the number at the end of that analysis is black and not red...

I think that it is highly likely. Maybe you don't understand how large businesses work, but there are lots of organizations within large businesses that LOSE money on a daily basis. If you don't understand that then I can't help you...
Yeah, I suspect it is my lack of business acumen at play here. ;)

This is a narrow focus "organization" that seemingly serves one principle function, and that is to evaluate customer usage of the product and if that usage violates the Terms of Service to take appropriate steps to mitigate the loss. There is no downside to eliminating this "organization" except to lose whatever revenue is lost to not catching the cheats... additionally, reasonably one could expect the cheating to increase if there was no publicized method in place to detect ongoing cheating.

I certainly don't need a primer on "overhead" versus "direct" charges - even if I fully retired sixteen years ago at age 53 and now have little to do with the business world except to clip coupons. :coffee

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)