My Go Around with the Audit Team (Now RESOLVED!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It already has. Just like Loss Prevention at Sears or Target or other stores has served to help keep costs down.

A BIG difference at Sears, Target, and Walmart is they don't assume you are a criminal. They will check your receipt, first looking for things on the receipt that might trip the detectors. Then they will check those things to see if the tags have not been disabled. Then they might use a wand to try and find something else without a tag.

The tactics used by the audit team are more like: You set off the alarm. A team of swat members jump on you, handcuff you, and throw you in a paddy wagon, then give you a 15 second opportunity to prove you didn't steal anything. If you can't prove it in that 15 seconds, you skip trial and go straight to jail.

Some years ago, this group called my wife while I was at work. We had two receivers and a Spanish language programming package. My wife's English was OK but not very good at that point. My wife was not listed anywhere on the account and was not authorized to do anything to the account. They told her that she had to read the numbers off of both receivers. She told them that she did not understand very well and asked for: 1) They wait until I got home from work, 2) The transfer her to a representative that speaks Spanish, 3) That they allow her to call me to translate for her. They told her no to all and that they would deactivate all of the receivers if she did not immediately comply. She was able to read the numbers and the auditor was satisfied.

SaltiDog,

I do not disagree with you that Dish should be able to look for and deactivate people who are stealing. However, can you explain one good reason that Dish Network should treat honest paying customers with such contempt and disrespect before they have ANY evidence that said customer is doing anything wrong?

A BIG difference at Sears, Target, and Walmart is they don't assume you are a criminal. They will check your receipt, first looking for things on the receipt that might trip the detectors. Then they will check those things to see if the tags have not been disabled. Then they might use a wand to try and find something else without a tag. ...
I do not disagree with you that Dish should be able to look for and deactivate people who are stealing. However, can you explain one good reason that Dish Network should treat honest paying customers with such contempt and disrespect before they have ANY evidence that said customer is doing anything wrong?

You have not been watching the crime shows on TV. The stores observe you and me using video cameras, undercover shoppers, etc.

How can anyone justify rude contemptuous and or disrespectful behavior? I can't. I will suggest that frequently the posts we see here have a side which we are not hearing about.

A few years ago I was asked by Dish to verify I had my two receivers at my home by reading (changing) numbers from each of my two receivers. As I have two artificial knees, I was chatting with the rep and asking him to stay with me as I negotiated the stairs to perform the check. The rep could not have been more polite nor more accommodating. I certainly think that performing these checks is and should remain a part of Dish keeping people that stack accounts honest.

What happens here and also on other forums is that people post about rude and disrespectful behavior. The bandwagon gets jumped on and the lynch mob mentality kicks in and the collective judgement is that the poster was pure and the rep was rude and then invectives such as gestapo and Nazi get bandied about by people that apparently have no clue about the power and hurtfulness of those remarks.

The audit Squad should behave like ladies and gentlemen in their dealings. Also, customers that interact with Dish should also behave like ladies and gentlemen. Reading many of the threats posted in these threads I suspect that often there is little chance of the latter.

I SHOULD SAY, I AM NOT DIRECTING ANY OF THE ABOVE TO ANYONE IN THIS THREAD - I only am stating my observations and conclusions about the general case.

Last edited:
A BIG difference at Sears, Target, and Walmart is they don't assume you are a criminal. They will check your receipt, first looking for things on the receipt that might trip the detectors. Then they will check those things to see if the tags have not been disabled. Then they might use a wand to try and find something else without a tag.

The tactics used by the audit team are more like: You set off the alarm. A team of swat members jump on you, handcuff you, and throw you in a paddy wagon, then give you a 15 second opportunity to prove you didn't steal anything. If you can't prove it in that 15 seconds, you skip trial and go straight to jail.

Some years ago, this group called my wife while I was at work. We had two receivers and a Spanish language programming package. My wife's English was OK but not very good at that point. My wife was not listed anywhere on the account and was not authorized to do anything to the account. They told her that she had to read the numbers off of both receivers. She told them that she did not understand very well and asked for: 1) They wait until I got home from work, 2) The transfer her to a representative that speaks Spanish, 3) That they allow her to call me to translate for her. They told her no to all and that they would deactivate all of the receivers if she did not immediately comply. She was able to read the numbers and the auditor was satisfied.

SaltiDog,

what is being stolen?

A few years ago I was asked by Dish to verify I had my two receivers at my home by reading (changing) numbers from each of my two receivers. As I have two artificial knees, I was chatting with the rep and asking him to stay with me as I negotiated the stairs to perform the check. The rep could not have been more polite nor more accommodating. I certainly think that performing these checks is and should remain a part of Dish keeping people that stack accounts honest.

What happens here and also on other forums is that people post about rude and disrespectful behavior. The bandwagon gets jumped on and the lynch mob mentality kicks in and the collective judgement is that the poster was pure and the rep was rude and then invectives such as gestapo and Nazi get bandied about by people that apparently have no clue about the power and hurtfulness of those remarks.

I am happy that your experience with the audit team was polite.

I have seen some people post about the audit team, and I did not believe their stories. I am however prejudiced more to believe the horror story posts because of my wife's experience. As for this thread, Sean is a staff member, long time member, and has almost 18,000 posts. Because of my prejudice and Sean's reputation, I was heavily inclined to believe him.

.... As for this thread, Sean is a staff member, long time member, and has almost 18,000 posts. Because of my prejudice and Sean's reputation, I was heavily inclined to believe him.
And as I said, I directed no comments at or to anyone in this thread...

Sean is a staff member, long time member, and has almost 18,000 posts. Because of my prejudice and Sean's reputation, I was heavily inclined to believe him.
Sean didn't indicate (that I recall) that they were rude to him. In his case, his property (however they determined that) is listed as a "multi-family" dwelling and needs multiple accounts. That is going strictly by Dish's "rules" (right or wrong) and they give no leeway.

...asked me if this was a multi family residential house and answered yes (it is public record). I was told that since I was living in multi family residential house, I needed to pay for two accounts. This house is basically my family and my mom living in.
Can you clarify more on that ? "Who" has to sign up for the 2nd account ? If you simply have to have two accounts, I fail to see Dish's logic. On the other hand, I recall someone else being told by Dish that "your house isn't big enough to need (5) receivers".

You may not have directed them, but you sure IMPLIED them.

Just because your experience was all wine and roses has no bearing on how other people are being treated.
Oh for chrissake. Read my entire post, including, " I SHOULD SAY, I AM NOT DIRECTING ANY OF THE ABOVE TO ANYONE IN THIS THREAD - I only am stating my observations and conclusions about the general case."

But, thanks for telling me what I intended. ;)

Sean didn't indicate (that I recall) that they were rude to him. In his case, his property (however they determined that) is listed as a "multi-family" dwelling and needs multiple accounts. That is going strictly by Dish's "rules" (right or wrong) and they give no leeway.

I wasn't trying to say that they were rude in Sean's case. There are quite a few posts in this thread that basically try to say he is not telling the truth about living in one house.

I have been asked by the OP to close the thread since this issue has been resolved.

We have no idea of what caused the issue to be resolved other then after an investigation by DISH that his service has been restored.

I thank you all for your comments in this thread and for voicing your opinions on the subject.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts