My Go Around with the Audit Team (Now RESOLVED!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
All my receivers are plugged to the phone line... They said the receivers that were not connected to the Internet were the problem....

So, how did it get resolved? Anyone who has a future run-in with the Audit team would like to know. :)

riffjim4069 said:
Perhaps I'm making a "big assumption" but wouldn't the Audit Nazis "flag" an address after it has been reported for potential account stacking?

I agree but by the same token I can cancel service today and my wife could start service tomorrow and receive what ever "new customer" promotions are available. At least that has been suggested on more than one occasion on this forum. If in fact this is true the same could be done ifyou were shut down bu the audit team....

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

All my receivers are plugged to the phone line... They said the receivers that were not connected to the Internet were the problem....

That is really weird. They should call home over the phone line. Maybe they felt the need to call you because you have 6 receivers. :rant:1 of my receivers is connected to the phone line and the internet for Sling. The other 2 are just connected to the phone line.

That is really weird. They should call home over the phone line. Maybe they felt the need to call you because you have 6 receivers. :rant:1 of my receivers is connected to the phone line and the internet for Sling. The other 2 are just connected to the phone line.

I have 9 tuners... Maybe they wanted to check me out...

Guys I appreciate everyones support on this. I was able to get this issue resolved with Dish Network. My service is back. I will evaluate my options now.

Sent from my LG-P999 using SatelliteGuys

I guess that means that rates will go up for the rest of us. Just kidding. I am glad to hear that sanity reigned in this case.

As for you Sean I applaud your honesty with DISH and with the board. You did not steal service. You were not dishonest with them and you did not do anything to raise their costs. In the end I guess they saw that.

Last edited:
Guys I appreciate everyones support on this. I was able to get this issue resolved with Dish Network. My service is back. I will evaluate my options now.

Sent from my LG-P999 using SatelliteGuys

Glad you got it resolved!

For a company that is bleeding customers, it surprises me that they have a department that costs them customers.

If you say so..... You're saying Dish flags an account -- at a particular address -- as a likely 'account stacker' and shuts them down but then allows "new" service to be set up there (right away) ?
the other 2 addresses are not "on the books"..its one of those that restarts service

If you say so..... You're saying Dish flags an account -- at a particular address -- as a likely 'account stacker' and shuts them down but then allows "new" service to be set up there (right away) ?

Your missing the point that 3 families have 3 different addresses... Everything just shifts to another address for billing.. I am not condoning this practice.. Just stating what I see going on around me.. And what cost me business because I refuse to do it when they call me..

Thanks for the detailed explanation of how you got it resolved... :rolleyes: Now others who are mistakenly hit by the audit team will know what to do or what options they have too. :rolleyes:

Do not take my posting as in any way supporting what the audit team did here.

No, I didn't take your posting that way. I believe that audit functions are necessary but the Dish audit process is overbearing and intrusive, and likely causes far more problems than they resolve for the company.

the only legit reason for the audit team would be to ensure compliance with federal rules in regard to local channels. and they don't even do that!!
there is NO other reason for them to exist. well, maybe to give us something to direct our ire at. but that's really all they do.

the only legit reason for the audit team would be to ensure compliance with federal rules in regard to local channels. and they don't even do that!!
there is NO other reason for them to exist. well, maybe to give us something to direct our ire at. but that's really all they do.
Dish clearly doesn't care about "federal rules in regard to local channels". Anyone can call and tell them "I moved 'here' but keep sending my bill to my old address..." <wink wink>. This department exists obviously to combat account stacking...

Dish clearly doesn't care about "federal rules in regard to local channels". Anyone can call and tell them "I moved 'here' but keep sending my bill to my old address..." <wink wink>. This department exists obviously to combat account stacking...

I tend to agree with hall on this. Let's face it there are lots of things an audit team could be doing and almost all of them are legitimate . The real problem here is not that they are looking for account stacking. The problem is how they sometimes go about doing it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)