My Go Around with the Audit Team (Now RESOLVED!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was told that since I was living in multi family residential house, I needed to pay for two accounts. This house is basically my family and my mom living in.
What if you lived there alone occupying the entire house? Would you still have to pay for two accounts???
Doesn't make any sense! Just because the house is legally classified as a two-family house doesn't automatically mean it is currently occupied by two families. It's your house Sean, you are paying the bills and your mother is part of your family. Period!
And if Dish suspects you in doing something else - invite them to come over and have a look. Automatically disconnecting your service is a bad move!

Knowing your honesty Sean, I understand why you told them that it's a two-family house. But I think it was a mistake on your part. What you should've told them, is that it's occupied by a single family. How it is classified due to the zoning rules, shouldn't really matter.

I had three (3) 622s that were all connected to a phone line, but that didn't stop Dish from auditing me...twice. The first time they called I asked why I was being audited when all three receivers were connected to a phone line. I was told (in a not so friendly manner) that I had an unusual number of DVRs on my account. Hmmm. Three DVRs for a three story home with three HDTVs. Yikes! The second time I was contacted I was told that one of my DVRs has not "phoned home" in several weeks...probably because I powered-down the downstairs TV and DVR for the winter months (too cold down there) - yet, I still paid my $140 monthly bill. Anyway, the Audit Nazis actually deactivated the 3rd DVR because I couldn't provide them with the information in time. Not a big deal since I dropped the 3rd DVR from the account (didn't really need to pay for it over the winter months) and eventually dropped Dish Network altogether a short while later because of the VOOM dispute. Again, I was absolutely dumbfounded that I was audited the first time when all my receivers were connected to a phone line. Go figure!

As much as I hated dealing with Comcast over the years, they have never treated me like a thief with distain in their voice. Fortunately, Sean has done the correct thing and opted to terminate service and go with another provide...someone who will value his being a customer and not treat him like a thief.

Was looking for it, but could not find it. Pretty sure it was Claude that said:

"account stackers are ideal customers for dish- they install and maintain their own equipment and pay their bills on time"

The OP is under a special circumstance, but who could blame him for moving on after these kinds of shenanigans.

just saddened

I feel really bad for this guy. Why in the world would Dish do this to him? All the good the DIRT team has done on here, all the goodwill they earned for their sincere helpful attitudes. And Dish now goes backwards.:confused: by the way I am in no way implying that it has anything to do with the great DIRT people here, just the audit department.

You guys who think the Audit team is saving money haven't even hit the biggest issue that I have seen happen many times... Account stackers tend to stay account stackers.. 3 families sharing an account.. Account gets nailed by Dish Nazi Audit team.. One family cuts off the service and one of the other family members gets the account in their name.. Dish pays a retailer to install all new equipment.. Retailer makes money with minimal work since dishes are already installed.. Customers get it all virtually for nothing.. Dish Network is right back where they started. But minus a ton of money they paid out... Irks me to know end when I try to do everything by the book and some other retailer doesn't seem to care.. Money is tight.. Customers are always going to account stack.. They don't see anything wrong with it...

One family cuts off the service and one of the other family members gets the account in their name.. Dish pays a retailer to install all new equipment.. Retailer makes money with minimal work since dishes are already installed..
If you say so..... You're saying Dish flags an account -- at a particular address -- as a likely 'account stacker' and shuts them down but then allows "new" service to be set up there (right away) ?

You guys who think the Audit team is saving money haven't even hit the biggest issue that I have seen happen many times... Account stackers tend to stay account stackers.. 3 families sharing an account.. Account gets nailed by Dish Nazi Audit team.. One family cuts off the service and one of the other family members gets the account in their name.. Dish pays a retailer to install all new equipment.. Retailer makes money with minimal work since dishes are already installed.. Customers get it all virtually for nothing.. Dish Network is right back where they started. But minus a ton of money they paid out... Irks me to know end when I try to do everything by the book and some other retailer doesn't seem to care.. Money is tight.. Customers are always going to account stack.. They don't see anything wrong with it...

Perhaps I'm making a "big assumption" but wouldn't the Audit Nazis "flag" an address after it has been reported for potential account stacking? It doesn't make sense for Herman Munster to cancel his 5-receiver Dish Network account at 666 Mockingbird Lane only to have Dish Network permit Marilyn Munster sign-up for a 5-receiver install at the same address a week later. I can't believe the Audit Nazis would be that foolish. But perhaps I'm making a "big assumption" as I mentioned earlier. :eek:

BTW, I see nothing wrong with three generations of Munsters (Grandpa, Herman & Lilly, and Marily and Eddie) enjoying Dish Network in the same household. For whatever reason Dish Network feels that Grandpa and Marilyn should maintain their own separate accounts. :(

If I ever get audited and am treated rudely or like a criminal I will be gone. I have 3 receivers in my house, 1 on each floor. Single family house, single family of 8 people. I pay my bill every month. If they try to give me crap I am gone in a flash...

Perhaps I'm making a "big assumption" but wouldn't the Audit Nazis "flag" an address after it has been reported for potential account stacking? It doesn't make sense for Herman Munster to cancel his 5-receiver Dish Network account at 666 Mockingbird Lane only to have Dish Network permit Marilyn Munster sign-up for a 5-receiver install at the same address a week later. I can't believe the Audit Nazis would be that foolish. But perhaps I'm making a "big assumption" as I mentioned earlier. :eek:

BTW, I see nothing wrong with three generations of Munsters (Grandpa, Herman & Lilly, and Marily and Eddie) enjoying Dish Network in the same household. For whatever reason Dish Network feels that Grandpa and Marilyn should maintain their own separate accounts. :(
Not all stackers share the same address.

Guys I appreciate everyones support on this. I was able to get this issue resolved with Dish Network. My service is back. I will evaluate my options now.

Sent from my LG-P999 using SatelliteGuys

THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE.

Glad things are working out. Just seemed beyond belief. Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Sounds like Dish is splitting hairs. While the house in question may be legally defined as a 'multi-family' home, any reasonable person can see that it's not. If it were strangers on the second floor renting? Sure. The guy's mom and she's not paying rent? Give me a break.

Charlie needs to take a few pages from Sam Walton's book of business management. Want to know why it's so easy to take stuff back to Wal-Mart? Because customers like it. I was a manager at a Wal-mart once and sometimes you get overzealous employees who want to be strict at the return desk. The company mantra is that the customer is always right. Now, sure, that has to be within reason--the customer can't be allowed to do something blatantly illegal. But, if someone might be scamming you, but you're not sure, why be so strict that you piss off the legitimate customers? You make more money by making the legit customers happy than you save by being a hardass and maybe stopping a few of the scofflaws. Oh, and even if you are a hardass, you won't catch all the scofflaws, so all you really accomplish is to piss off your legitimate customers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)