My Guide is all "no info available".

inazsully

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Sun City West, AZ
My guide suddenly is showing "No Information Available", if I go out beyond an hour. Never seen this problem in the many years I've had my 722. I unplugged the DVD and did a cold reboot and the problem persists. I've waited several hours before posting here. I hate to call "Dish". Any suggestions?

Run check switch. If that doesn't work, disconnect the sat feed coax, run check switch, reconnect and run check switch again.

DVD or DVR?

Not sure what you mean by "run check switch". I checked that all sats were in the green. All physical connections are tight. I disconnected the sat feed coax. Unplugged DVR and did cold restart. Still no guide info.

Go to the DISH point screen and from there you can run a check switch. After it is finished save the results and cancel out of everything and it will down load new guide data for up to 8 days. Been doing this with the 622/722/722k series of receivers for years.

Dish said my 722 is kaput. Installing a 922 tomorrow morning. Hope I like it. I could have had the hopper but I record a lot off air.
Not sure I should congratulate you. 922 will cost you an extra $4.00 per month for DVR fee, and aside from semi-sexy GUI graphics, you'll not get much more. If it was me, I'd take a 722K with OTA mod...great machine. Did you get OTA mod for 922? OTA for Hopper is coming soon, even if we, including me joke about it. Might want to reconsider. 922 is pretty much a dead duck.

Last edited:
Compared to the 722k the 922 is a boat anchor. The OP should stop the process immediately and demand his kaput 722k be replaced with the same model.
facepalm.

Dish said my 722 is kaput. Installing a 922 tomorrow morning. Hope I like it. I could have had the hopper but I record a lot off air.
I agree with KAB, call back and get a Hopper. The Hopper is a lot better than the 922. Like he said, OTA is coming soon. the USB dongle is listed in the Dish online store but unavailable. It will be here shortly.

Not sure I should congratulate you. 922 will cost you an extra $4.00 per month for DVR fee, and aside from semi-sexy GUI graphics, you'll not get much more. If it was me, I'd take a 722K with OTA mod...great machine. Did you get OTA mod for 922? OTA for Hopper is coming soon, even if we, including me joke about it. Might want to reconsider. 922 is pretty much a dead duck.

Definitely a dead duck. The extra $4.00 a month isn't justified for this receiver, since the built in sling feature doesn't even work as good as the sling adapter. Should of held out for the hopper as ota usb tuner is right around the corner.

MikeD-C05 said:
Definitely a dead duck. The extra $4.00 a month isn't justified for this receiver, since the built in sling feature doesn't even work as good as the sling adapter. Should of held out for the hopper as ota usb tuner is right around the corner.

Agreed, I have had a 722, a 922, and now a hopper. I only had the 922 for about 3 months before I upgraded again to gery rid of it. Went through 3 boxes in that 3 months. The 922 is minimally supported, perhaps even less. I would definitely depth that order to the hopper and live without ota for a bit till the ota support and hardware is available.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Thanks guys. I cancelled and I got my 722 fixed thanks to suggestions here. The installer called this morning (had not got the cancel notice yet) and advised that he had never installed a 922 and wanted to warn me about it's terrible track record. Shame on Dish.

inazsully said:
Thanks guys. I cancelled and I got my 722 fixed thanks to suggestions here. The installer called this morning (had not got the cancel notice yet) and advised that he had never installed a 922 and wanted to warn me about it's terrible track record. Shame on Dish.

Glad you got back on track.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)