My Harmony SST-659 Remote is not learning the 811's remote

H

HDTV Rookie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Dec 1, 2003
Texas
I recently purchased a Harmony SST-659 remote and when I try to fire off the commands from the 811's remote, they do not register with the Harmony remote. Has anyone else tried to program any learning remotes or found a work around. I believe the issue is b/c the 811 remote is UHF based and not IR based

J

Jerry G

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 17, 2003
The remote that comes with the 811 does not emit IR codes for the 811, only UHF. You can use a 6000 or 5000 remote to program your universal remote. Other Dish remotes may also work, such as the 721 remote.

H

HDTV Rookie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Dec 1, 2003
Texas
I tried using my 508 remote, but it didn't work

hmm, I may have to redo that, because I have my 508 remote on channel 1 and 811 on channel 3.

I might have to change 508 to channel 3 then try

duh, should have thought of it

Thx, anyway

K

keith

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 11, 2003
Harmony have the 811 in their database. Perhaps you can get by without needing to learn the remote?

Keith.

H

HDTV Rookie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Dec 1, 2003
Texas
Keith

you are correct, they do have the 811 in their database, but for mainly the basic features. I was looking to learn the page up and down buttons, as well as skip forward and back, and finally aspect.

When I setup my Harmony, one of the CSR for Harmony told me the 811 was there, but when I called later that day b/c I didn't see itin the database another CSR told me he didn't see it. So I gave him some info and he hooked me up with that setup.

T

Tahoerob

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 10, 2003
Hayden, ID
HDTV Rookie said:
Keith

you are correct, they do have the 811 in their database, but for mainly the basic features. I was looking to learn the page up and down buttons, as well as skip forward and back, and finally aspect.

When I setup my Harmony, one of the CSR for Harmony told me the 811 was there, but when I called later that day b/c I didn't see itin the database another CSR told me he didn't see it. So I gave him some info and he hooked me up with that setup.

had similar probelm with the 921 remote. I ended up using a 501 remote info. It does the page up\down correctly.