My Harmony SST-659 Remote is not learning the 811's remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HDTV Rookie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 1, 2003
Texas
I recently purchased a Harmony SST-659 remote and when I try to fire off the commands from the 811's remote, they do not register with the Harmony remote. Has anyone else tried to program any learning remotes or found a work around. I believe the issue is b/c the 811 remote is UHF based and not IR based

The remote that comes with the 811 does not emit IR codes for the 811, only UHF. You can use a 6000 or 5000 remote to program your universal remote. Other Dish remotes may also work, such as the 721 remote.

I tried using my 508 remote, but it didn't work

hmm, I may have to redo that, because I have my 508 remote on channel 1 and 811 on channel 3.

I might have to change 508 to channel 3 then try

duh, should have thought of it

Thx, anyway

Harmony have the 811 in their database. Perhaps you can get by without needing to learn the remote?

Keith.

Keith

you are correct, they do have the 811 in their database, but for mainly the basic features. I was looking to learn the page up and down buttons, as well as skip forward and back, and finally aspect.

When I setup my Harmony, one of the CSR for Harmony told me the 811 was there, but when I called later that day b/c I didn't see itin the database another CSR told me he didn't see it. So I gave him some info and he hooked me up with that setup.

HDTV Rookie said:
Keith

you are correct, they do have the 811 in their database, but for mainly the basic features. I was looking to learn the page up and down buttons, as well as skip forward and back, and finally aspect.

When I setup my Harmony, one of the CSR for Harmony told me the 811 was there, but when I called later that day b/c I didn't see itin the database another CSR told me he didn't see it. So I gave him some info and he hooked me up with that setup.

had similar probelm with the 921 remote. I ended up using a 501 remote info. It does the page up\down correctly.