my hd upgrade experiance so far.

The Int’l are not all going to 118.7…there isn’t enough room for that and HD LIL on that satellite.

Most of the stuff on 121 they will be moving to 118.7 sometime soon (some is mirrored on there right now) but a lot of the Int’l is still on the wings (61.5 & 148) and has been for years

i called dish to see what they could offer me to resolve this matter even though the rm said he would try and locate one for me. I'm looking for a apology and maybe some kind of compin sation like the dish-it-up $49.00 refunded or something.all i asked was to speak to a supervisor. they said they would have to call the rm to ask him what happend before they could transfer my call to a supervisor. i asked to be transferred to retention they said you need to speak to a supervisor first. i said i wanted to give the rm time to return my call but wanted to see if anything could be done from the corprate offices. they said it would be best to wait for the rm phone call. or we can call him for you. i said ill wait to give him a chance to call me back. i will give him tell 445pm to call or I'm calling him!:mad:

i dont think they know what they are doing. thats why they have channels spreed all over the place. and no organization. they are telling me the dish 1000+ will not work in san diego but the dish1000 will. this makes no sence to me????

The only difference between the D1000+ and the D1000 is the 1000+ can get 118.7

D1000-110/119/129
D1000+ 110/118.7/119/129

so how do they come up with this idea? it doesnt make sense. if one wont work then both won't then i need to figure a dish 500 and two 300 at that point ill just string a line of 300's along the roof. the longer this goes on the worse it gets. and its so simple to me? i think? all i know at this point is i need some kind of compensation or i'm going to directv.

and i'm cancelling the install and going to get my own equipment so theres no contract or install hasels. that is if they can correct this and make it right

:( I called this guy back. the problem with the dish1000+ for San Diego is the signal strength of 118.7. and he said the coastal areas west and east are effected. but hes still trying to get one for me so far. why did dish build another problem? has anyone heard of this? does anyone have any experience with the 118.7? at this point i don't care they promised me one and i want it. yes I'm crying like a baby!:(

OK he called me back hes going to get a dish1000+ FedEx overnight to his office and I'm going to pick it and the receiver up on my guess so far Friday. to do a self install. in addition i need a dish 300 and the switches. prob a dpp44 maybe 2 of them and a couple of 21's to combind the 148 signal for a couple of the receivers. and if i beg on my hands and knees some wire to complete this. I'm really starting to wonder if i want to be stuck in a contract with a company that treats us like this. i have had dish for 10 years. and have had and have the top pr em package with everything (everything pack with locals TV guide movie guide all the distants the German channels the dhpp the super stations) now hd adding up to $175.00 a month!!! what more do they want???? i tell you what i want is a apology and some kind of compensation for time aggravation and driving to pickup and install this rented equipment

:mad: called the guy today. he said hes still looking and would call back. no call back so i called him. no answer. called dish, they transfed me to corp. they said well i can note your account but that's it!!!!

:) OK i couldn't sleep all night, tossing and turning over this tid bit little nothing of a mess. so i called tech one last ditch effort to see what they could do at 4am. a very polite manager answers the phone almost immediately. he says how can i help you! i start to explain and of course hes reading it he stops me. i think o god here we go again. but he says man you have been though a lot on such a simple order! i agree he says just a sec he comes back and says I'm crediting your account for a full months everything pack plus your extras comes to $150.00 approx. says just a moment comes back and says i am sending you the equipment directly to you by FedEx overnight but seance its Friday morning it wont get to you until Monday. i understand. then he asks why didn't i get the 622 when i have everything else. i explain the money problem and how they cannot charge the account he said hold on consider it done! so my mouth is hung wide open I'm speechless! i thanked him in every way. we talked about problems and that's when he told me he was a floor supervisor that answered my call by mistake. he gave me his name and direct phone number to call him if i ever needed help! and promissed they are looking into a lot of problems going on in the company. he wouldn't say what but told me to hang in there things are going to improve! now that part could be BS, but i think they will have to improve or end up loosing a lot of people like me. i feel like a ton has been lifted off my shoulders. i cannot say why but it really botherd me being treated like i was on the other phone calls. so end result i got everything i originally wanted and then some! thank you dish network! and thanks to you guys for the advice everyone has given!:hatsoff:

Now that is good customer service.. I wonder how many other people get good service and don't post, I know it goes on, but we seem to always just get bad reports which is understandable because some is so horrible. What if there were 2 threads created, one where people post good things and another where people post bad things. Glad it all worked out for you hobojoe!! :)

Are you sure he wasn't the janitor answering the phone for you call at 4:00 am in the morning? He could promise you anything you wanted if he wanted to.:p

:) thanks and yes its always good to hear both the good and bad, dish really screwed up at first, but has now and continues to correct the problem. i got two fallow up phone calls today. one from the local field installation manager and another from a public relations manager from corporate. the local manager gave me a big apology. gave me his personal cell phone number and said he would personally come out to help me install the system. wow! that's outstanding effort. the other was from corporate she wanted me to explain exactly what happend and she also gave me her direct phone line and the hours she could be reached. the promise thouse involved would receive harsh repremands and be retrained in customer assistance. and said she hope i would accept her and the entire company's apology and promise this would never take place again. she said "you wont have to worry about the coast to upgrade I'll take care of that for you". i told her the manager already did so much she said that's OK. I'm literately in tears over this. they have gone way up and above the call of duty to make this right. i know its not much for a large company to give a free months service and a free upgrade to there best receiver. that's $350.00 in a gift. but its huge to me! only thing i can do in return is continue to be a god customer. i plan on keeping the hd platinum throughout my new contract. so thanks again dish network!!!!

:) no not confused. i wanted the dish also because of the larger reflector giving you better signal levels. and i do be live dish has something up there sleeve they are not telling anyone yet! i see the 2 FedEx packages are on the truck out for delivery so i hope it will be all over in a few hours.

:) received the VIP622 and the dish1000+ just as promised by dish network! called the manager to bring the switches and help install. he is bringing some trainees to teach them how to set it up. he asked me if it was OK. i told him about my sat farm. its all turning out OK now. I'm even in talks with him to get cert to install part time weekends. don't know if it will work out but I'm going to try!

:) my dish 1000+ and the VIP622 was professionally delivered and installed by my regional field service manager today! in front of four trainees. that pulled up and gasped at the sat farm! we all learned allot today even the manager. the end result was a smile on all of us! case closed! with a happy ending. to all that helped me through this, thank you!:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts