My hopper thinks I always want to watch OWN!

rapper450

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Anytime I turn my hopper on during the daytime it comes on the OWN channel - even when the last channel I had been watching was different. This is driving me nuts, and I want it to stop!

Yes, the hopper is right, the most frequent channel I watch during these lovely daytime hours is OWN, but I do watch other things and hate always having to change the channel to do so. If I turn my hopper on before 9 am it comes on to GMA, if I don't turn it on until after 9 am it comes on the OWN channel. I purposely put it on a local channel when I turn it off, to do an errand for example, and when I return and turn the hopper back on ... there it is! on OWN!! Grrrr! This is obnoxious. I haven't notice this with the Joeys, as I don't use them much during the day, only evening, but I can't say they behave differently. I want the hopper to return to the last channel viewed when it is turned on - not what it THINKS I will watch. Anyone else have this issue and can I "fix" it? I hate this feeling of being controlled and limited by the choice(s) made by my hopper!

There are several threads about this new feature and there is nothing you can do about it.

God, I HATE this new "feature". For me, it's Sirius Hits 1. It's not even a TV channel. Just music and it's REALLY loud! They REALLY need to stop this madness! Who even came up with this stupid stupid idea?

God, I HATE this new "feature". For me, it's Sirius Hits 1. It's not even a TV channel. Just music and it's REALLY loud! They REALLY need to stop this madness! Who even came up with this stupid stupid idea?

Please tell Dish your thoughts on this, politely of course, so they'll know how many people hate this thing. :)

I like it, and it has come in handy quite a few times. When it does bug out, it sucks, but when working properly it is quite useful

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts