My install story......

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mopar_mudder

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Wisconsin
Well it is a long one but I will make it short. Suppose to be a 8:00-12:00 appointment time but no show until 2:00, was a mess up on dispatch so I don't blame the intaller. Two installers showed up because they were late, one was the original guy that hooked up the house, which was nice. Hopper went right in and loaded up we had live TV no problem, then to the Joyes. Couldn't get one to link at all, the other would link but only had guide, no live TV. Turns out the Hopper would not get a client ID so the Joeys wouldn't link. The fix is suppose to be put the Hopper in standby for 20 minutes so it downloads an update, well we did that multiple times up to 30 minutes with no change. multiple reset to defaults and reboots nothing. He even called in a 3 guy to look at it and no go. Finally at 8:30 they gave up, and I don't blame them, so I figured I would mess around some more with it. I put it into standby for a little over an hour, probably like 75 minutes or so, well just like that I have a client ID now. After that I was able to get the Joeys going no problem, had to put them in standby also to download from Hopper. So by 11:00 I had all 3 TV working and it was bed time......

Installer was great and I feel for thoose guys having to deal with this. They did exactly what they were suppse to, I even read on this board to put the Hopper in standby for 20 minutes to get client ID. Well is doesn't always work that fast it seems, try and hour. Gave us all kinds of time to sit around and talk cars with the installer while he was waiting :D

I think it's stupid all the hoops you have to jump through to get these things to work right. I don't know why dish has to make everything so hard sometimes. I want to upgrade but I'll wait a while. I use to be an E* installer and I am glad I don't have to do I now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts