My install update!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

play4fun

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Louisiana
I had Directv installed on Thursday. Slimline dish with SWM 3LNB and 2 HR23-700's and 1 HR20. The installer's were nice and cleaned up after themselves. I was very impressed with how they conducted themselves in a professional manner.

There are so many things that I love about Directv. The two ethernet ports on the HR23 is great. Saves me from having to run another cable from my router. Already downloaded shows from VOD. I know I could have hooked up internet to Dish but never did. I might just to see how long they take to download shows. I'm fully aware it takes longer to download HD than it does SD.

Overall, I'm very pleased with Directv and wonder why the hell it took me so long to get it. Oh, I remember why, they don't have my locals yet! Does anyone know when the ElDorado/Monroe area will be getting locals or point me towards where I can find out myself?

Now all I'm waiting on is baseball! LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!!

Probably some time after Montgomery/Selma AL (118), Columbus GA (128) and Amarillo TX (131).

It does seem odd that they can't make something happen in a market with all networks available.

For some reason, DIRECTV thinks that NBC (KTVE) nor PBS (KTLM) are "missing".

Announcements of future LIL markets is something that they've pretty much stopped doing. I'd suggest that you find a friend in "engineering" or ownership at one of the stations and have them keep you posted.

You may be able to get waivers for the New York feeds (but I wouldn't hold my breath).

Probably some time after Montgomery/Selma AL (118), Columbus GA (128) and Amarillo TX (131).

It does seem odd that they can't make something happen in a market with all networks available.

For some reason, DIRECTV thinks that NBC (KTVE) nor PBS (KTLM) are "missing".

Announcements of future LIL markets is something that they've pretty much stopped doing. I'd suggest that you find a friend in "engineering" or ownership at one of the stations and have them keep you posted.

You may be able to get waivers for the New York feeds (but I wouldn't hold my breath).

Thanks harshness. I will send off some emails to the local stations and see what they have 2 say.

I won't hold my breath on the waiver idea but it wouldn't hurt 2 try.

Ya we tried to get the waivers and was turned down and so we went the ota and am21 rout and are very happy because we also can get the local news and I can record my local ch. shows to. yahoooooo!!!!!!

I'm getting my locals thru Dish, so at the moment it's not really that big a deal. When I cancel Dish I will get the AM21 if DIRECTV doesn't have my locals by then.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts