Status
Not open for further replies.

MemoriesofMojo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
August 26, 2007

To: Members of the SatelliteGuys.us forums

Per the request of the message I recently received, I am to introduce myself to other members of this highly respected board across the information highway that is known to us as the internet. My story is quite simple and relates to a love of technology and satellite news and information. I'm also an avid sports fan and am eagerly awaiting the upcoming college football season where I hope Kentucky will be a factor in some manner.

As for my user name - Mojo was once a dog that I owned and he was killed in one of the most tragic and untimely deaths EVER just over three years ago. He was a poodle and was white. One afternoon before his death (the day before, in fact), I was riding him around town in my van when an older gentleman -- one whom I had never seen before -- approached the van and asked if he could pet Mojo. I allowed him to do so and the man kept repeating the words, "Don't worry, you'll be alright... Everything is going to be O.K." I never questioned exactly what the man meant and went on about life as normal.

The next afternoon, I let him outside of the house and, as I was using the bathroom, heard tires squeal and heard Mojo cry out for me. As I quickly flushed, I ran outside to see that he had been run over by some woman that lived down the street. I placed him in the van to take him to the vet but it was over rather quickly and I wound up burying him under the willow tree in the backyard.

Life has been somewhat bittersweet and painful since this loss and I'm looking to re-establish my love for technology and find a few friends along the way (in this forum) so I can let the past be in the past. I occasionally play Yahoo Pool under the same username where I play games for his honor. Therefore, a win is bittersweet while losing is as painful as the day I just described.

I also have a love for "moving" and would like to ask that I be included in some of those conversations. I have looked back in the past and realize that this has been a topic discussed with some passion. Remember, there is no right or wrong answer in a move because it's all relative.

:welcome

Nice to see another UK fan around here. Go Wildcats.

Check out the sports forums where yours truly heads the crowd.

August 27, 2007

To: Ramy

Thank you and I will most certainly check out the sports forums because I have a passion and desire for sports. I do hope it will be a good season for UK and notably remember the Big Red machine with memories blazing like wildfire on a hot summer day being dispersed with the avatar you have submitted to your account.

One more note about Mojo: The older gentleman that told him "you'll be O.K." was never seen again by me and, after giving people a description was never provided with any response. It's most puzzling indeed because it could have been a sign from a higher power that Mojo would indeed live again.

It should definately be an interesting season in college football and there are already some surprising names coming up as potential contenders. I'm not really sure what to say about Kentucky other than the fact that I hope they do well. I think it will be an interesting season for them but I'm no good (as past seasons prove) at predicting wins, standings, etc.

It may sound pathetic, but I still regularly watch the Oklahoma - Boise State game that was played last January. For me, that will always stand out as one of those "sports moments". Another one for me is when Joe Carter hit the game winning shot for the World Series up in Toronto. You can also count Kirby Puckett's shot against the Braves in game 6 back in 1991. Finally, I'll always remember the celebrations when Kentucky put Georgia down last season and when the Browns won the first game back in Cleveland (the new expansion Browns).

I'm sorry about Mojo and will admit that it's easy (for me) to consider an animal a best friend. I had a cat that died last October. Oh, and he had been around for 24 years at that time (I'm now 25). I remember thinking, "Man, he was around for all of my life up until now."

Cade

I dont find anything really odd about someone saying to an animal what the stranger said, its commonplace for a person to offer a reasuring tone to a strange animal to give said animal a sense of trust when a person that they have never met before is petting them. Im sure that if you think about it logicaly the stranger and the unfortunate acident have nothing to do with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)