My issue replying to threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

cypherstream

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
PA
Sometimes when I go to reply to a thread, I hit reply with quote on a post I want to refer to. So the browser positions me into the box to type and plasters the quote code in there. Great!

I type my response, sometimes its long sometimes not... and than what is my first reflex to do? Hit the big giant blue reply to topic button. Guess what, that doesn't actually reply to the topic! It takes you to a new page with a full size editor with additional options and stuff. But guess what, the text is gone! And if I hit the back button to go where I was, the text is also gone from the "quick reply" box. The undo function is grayed out (at least in Chrome) so if I wrote a huge response the whole thing is lost.

I would just like to brainstorm of a better way to reply with quote. Maybe when you click that it should take you to a new page (the full editor) with the quote pasted in there. Or if it does a quick editor then maybe the "reply to post" gigantic button shouldn't be so big making you think OK I want to send this reply... CLICK!

I've done this numerous times and its frustrating so I just wanted to share my experience and maybe see if there's any other positive or negative feedback on the design.

It looks to me like the big button does nothing but clear the Quick Reply box, which is there already and doesn't need a button. I agree, very frustrating if you've already typed something in the box.

ok, it does something different after you choose "reply with quote" but it still isn't something useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)