My issues with dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Thalador

Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Living in Mass we have had thunderstorms every night for almost 3 weeks. I would say out of those 21 days I have had my E* work about 3 of them. It may not happen like this often, but when it does my TV is useless from 7pm until well into the early AM. I move timers on shows I want to DVR to record at 2am and it still has no signal. I know this will be the fact with any satellite system, but this is getting ridiculous. Is there anything that can be done aside from jumping back to cable or fios? I imagine if I call dish to complain they wont do anything about it credit wise, or will they?

Also, I saw some threads a while back about the 722 stutter. Mine does it constantly. Atleast 5-6 times a night. Doesnt matter if I am recording something on one tuner, both or none. Happens with live tv and recorded material. Was a fix ever put out for this?

Sounds like you need to get your dish re-peaked to the satellite.

A Minor adjustment could make a huge difference.

In my experience, if the rain is heavy, as summer rainstorms are, you're going to lose signal until the heavy rain passes. You should not lose your signal for extended periods of time unless it is raining heavily between your location and the direction of the satellite that entire time. Otherwise, as BigTimMN suggests, you need to repeak. Using bigger dishes can help with normal rain fade. It's been very rainy here in IL this year thus far, so I've also had a lot of signal losses, but as soon as the rain passes, I'm back to normal.

. . . I know this will be the fact with any satellite system,

This is not true! And this is the attitude that is going to drive away satellite customers. I also live in the northeast and we have also been getting daily thunderstorms. I only lose my signal during the peak of heavy rains, usually for only 5-10 minutes. A joke that I make to my wife is if it's raining hard enough to knock out the satellite signal, that's a rainstorm or thunderstorm that's more interesting to watch than TV anyway.

Your dish probably needs to be adjusted (peaked). The fact you see "stuttering" at other times may be a symptom of the same problem. I wonder how many people abandon satellite because of problems like this. . .

So do I call up dish to have them come out and repeak the dishes? Will there be a charge involved?

. . . It may not happen like this often, but when it does my TV is useless . . .

A random thought, you say your TV is "useless," but since you mention you have a DVR, you do realize that you can always watch recorded shows even during a satellite signal outage right? Just making sure you know. . .

There are other solutions to this problem, if re-aiming your dish doesn't satisfy.
But they cost money and you might have to do a self-install.
Just depends on how fed up you are and how serious you are to fix it. :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts