My Joey Screen turned purple and I lost sound? Any idea?

Mine happens about every other time I turn it on (from standby). Turning TV, AVR, or Hopper off doesn't work. Switching inputs on AVR doesn't work. Can't switch TV inputs (TV disables inputs that aren't connected). Hopper reset works, and switching to 720 works, sometimes. But sometimes, that gives no video signal to my TV. I'll get audio (after switching to 720) but no video. Have to turn everything off, then back on, which 50% of the time gets me a pink screen again. Really frustrating.

happened again today.

Not sure why it's happening now and didn't happen most of the first week.

For HDMI, the color space should be set to RGB Low for most TVs. When the color space gets set to YCbCr, it causes the screen to appear pink. (YCbCr color space is usually used for component connections).

would this fix the issue? has anyone tried it here?

Just FYI - I now how the 207 software, and haven't experienced the pink screen since. Almost two days! It was more than 50% of the time turning on the Hopper...

Did a trouble call tonight for PSOD. The official answer from DASH was that the customer needed to reset everytime it occurs until the engineers figure it out. The DASH broadband operator sounded like she'd heard all the pink jokes for one day. In this case it was 1H3J system. H and one of the J were PSOD on arrival. HDMI cables were removed and replaced. No effect. Input changes had no effect. Software was 256 or 257 on Joey and 207 on Hopper. Resetting did the trick, but it is going to keep coming back. I am speculating that there may be some account cancellations if this isn't resolved fairly quickly.

I was reading somewhere else in here about the pink screen because I had it the day after installation every time I turned on the TV too. I tried his suggestion and it worked. Until they update the software, this is what I try:

Press the Menu button, go into Settings, Format TV, HDTV, and toggle to another display (i.e, from 1080i to 720p). It will display a message asking if you want to save the change, select No, and it goes back to normal. Sorry I couldn't remember who to thank for this advice...

It's a hdmi handshake issue.

If you get the pink screen change video inputs on your tv then turn it back to the hopper video input. It should be fine after that.

This morning my Joey did not output any signal at all. Turned the TV off/on and there it was. I think it was the same thing as the PSOD but this time without any signal at all. Then later today my wife got the PSOD on the Joey. Weird because it's worked fine since the last update up until today.

I haven't had this happen on a Joey yet. But I just installed an AV receiver on the tv with the Joey. So another HDMI connection in the loop. Hopefully it doesn't happen there too! My frequency of pink screen is creeping up again on my Hopper. About a third of the times turning on since 207.

I had psod too I have my hdmi going through my stereo receiver I finally got rid of it by pulling power cord out of stereo receiver then plugging back in Haven't had it since

PSOD is back today. Tried turning off and on the TV/Receiver, but nothing worked. Had to do the full reset on the Hopper itself to get it to clear.

Hopefully PTAT doesn't enable on its' own again. Last time I did a reset during a PSOD, the PTAT stuck on enable bug showed up. (luckily we'll get s209 this week that fixes the PTAT bug)

Got the Pink Screen bug on one of the Joeys for the first time last night.
Turning both the Joey and the TV set off and then on has helped.
S263.

I started getting the purple screen after S209. It's only happen twice but still annoying. Power button reset works to correct the issue. I have my Hopper plugged into my Logitech Revue for NetFlix App.

I had this problem just a few days after installation. After checking my HDMI cables and swapping my Hopper with a different HDMI input, I realized that the trouble was in the Hopper. The frequency of occurrence has dropped since software 211. If you call Dish they will tell you to unplug the Hopper and plug it back in to do a reset.

The PSOD was the first thing I saw when my Hopper was installed. The installer hooked up the Hopper and turned it on.... all pink... He repluged/reset, turned the tv off, etc... still pink.. Went out the truck and got another unit.. no pink. Needless to say it wasn't the greatest way to start my experience with the Hopper. Haven't had any problems since but I'm also not currently "living" with the Hopper yet, we're out of the house until major renovations are done on our recent purchase... only a few more weeks.

I had a tech visit to check the PSOD problem. He claims that Dish does not support hopper hdmi connection via AV Receiver. He wanted me to run HDMI straight to TV and a audio out to the AV receiver. Waiting for optical cable to arrive before giving that a try

shanmanz said:
I had a tech visit to check the PSOD problem. He claims that Dish does not support hopper hdmi connection via AV Receiver. He wanted me to run HDMI straight to TV and a audio out to the AV receiver. Waiting for optical cable to arrive before giving that a try

The PSOD issue has nothing to do with cables or your AV receivers.
I am pretty sure it's a software bug. I wouldn't waste time troubleshooting your equipment.

Sent from my iPad 3 using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)