My kids need your help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Campuslounger

Original poster
Sep 11, 2009
Mountains
I just got done finishing my basement so that my kids had a place of their own to play and leave their toys down there instead of my constantly tripping over them.

I ran RG-6 for all my cable. I have a oval 3 LNB dish. When DTV came to install the system my basement was not finished, but I had them run RG-6 for 1 run in the basement. Upstairs I have a HR20 and a R16. Both of those work tip top.
In the basement I have a DVR40 (Tivo) that I am trying to get online. All my RG-6 is going through a Power pass SWS8WB-P 8 way splitter.

When I try to set up the DVR40 downstairs and run through the setup it says I dont have a multiswitch or non detected.
On my 101* A Right side not detected (I have odd & even transponders present)
119* B Not Detected (Only have odd transponders present)
110* C Not Detected (Only have 8 and 10 present but not 12)

I used to really be into this stuff back in the day before I got in trouble with lawyers and so on. Any help to get me going in the right direction would be great. Especially for my kids who drive me nuts sometimes which I'm sure I'm the only one.

TIA

What kind of dish do you have? Since you are using a splitter I am assuming you have a SWM LNB? If so, that Tivo box isn't SWM compatible. You will need a different box. Hang on, I have the compatibility list somewhere......found it....

Current compatible IRD’s​
HR20 -100, 700 (With current software download)
H20 -100, 600 (With current software download)
D12-100/300/500 (With current software download)
H21 - 100, 200 (With current software download)
HR21 (With current software download)
HR21 Pro (With current software download)
HR22, HR23 (2008 release)
H23 (Release TBD)
R16 (With current software download)​
R22 (Early 2008 release)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts