My Media

vttvwatcher

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
in a house
Just received another new 722 after my original one had the hard drive fail, and the second one had a faulty OTA input.

I can't seem to get the "My Media" folder to appear in the "My Recordings" section of my DVR recordings list. I can access and watch all the recordings on my EHD by selecting "My Media," from the Dish On Demand main menu -- but it's not as convenient as having the folder at the top of the "My Recordings" listing of programs.

Am I doing anything wrong? I've unplugged EHD from back of unit and plugged it back in -- no change. I've left EHD USB cord plugged into unit and turned power off/on -- still nothing. I've shut the power off to the receiver -- unplugged the EHD, plugged the receiver back in...let it re-set...then plug the EHD in -- nothing.

Any ideas?

So, you can play the recordings off the EHD, you just can't play them the easy way from the DVR button.

I would wait until after a couple of nightly updates and see if the system corrects itself, if it does not call Dish and they may replace it. Have you tried resetting the receiver to factory defaults?

It is unproductive (too costly) to rigourously test each receiver that is returned and repaired, I presume Dish fixes the reported problem and runs prefunctory usability tests only.

Unfortunately this seems to lead to some "bugs" going undetected by the refurbishing staff.

I have a 722 with an external hard drive attached. You probably need to change the "Group" setting from "No groups" to one of the other two settings before "My Media" will show up on the "My Recordings" screen. To change the "Group" setting, access the "My Recordings" screen by pressing the "DVR" button twice, then press the "Group" button on the right side of the screen to change the setting. After you make the change, "MY Media" will not show up immediately, but should appear the next time you access the "My Recordings" screen. I think that another reason that "My Media" does not appear on the "My Recordings" screen happens when there are no recordings on your 722 internal hard drive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts