'My Name Is Earl' creator is OK with being 'thrown off the Titanic'

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Asked for his take on NBC's unceremonious cancellation of his single-camera comedy today, Garcia didn't miss a beat: "It’s hard to be too upset about being thrown off the Titanic."
In case the reference isn't obvious, NBC is in fourth place among networks, after a lackluster season in which it launched seven new shows and five of them failed and the other two have not broken out.
Garcia found out NBC no longer wanted his series during a phone call with Jeff Ingold, executive vice president of comedy programming -- just 30 minutes before NBC released its schedule to the media.
-- Maria Elena Fernandez

Source & More: latimesblogs.latimes.com

The last couple of seasons s*cked IMHO but this years was getting back to its roots. Maybe D* has a couple dollars left in the piggy bank and can bring it back on the 101 for a few episodes.

I think NBC is going to go from one of my favorite network stations to the least favorite if they don't watch what they do with their cancellations.

They used to be on fire with their Thursday night lineup back in the 80's. Cosby show, Different World, Cheers, Night Court, L.A. Law. They owned Thursdays and had some good shows other nights, too (Hill Street Blues a prime example). Now I can't name one show on NBC I watch regularly. CBS is kicking everyone's tail right now. And FOX isn't far behind.

Actually. Fox is the number one network. Came out last week. You can thank American Idol for that one :rolleyes:

S~

I have heard that American Idol is the top show but has lost some ground.

Don't forget, the finale is tonight and it is supposed to go over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)