My network TV

Butcha

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
Lennox, South Dakota
Is Dish going to offer My Network TV in one of there basic packages? Only WWOR carries it now, which is a premium channel. By the way, I am new to this forum and this is my first post. So excuse me if this has been discussed before.

Butch

WELCOME :) My network Tv is actually everywhere. Here in chicago it replaced upn and wgn (wb) is becoming the WC. Keep an eye out for it as one of your local channels (wb or upn) could become it. If your in one of those weird dma's where wb and upn programming is combined then I wouldnt expect to see it other than in the superstation package.

More than likely most people will be covered by their local stations.

For instance, Philly 17 - which used to be the WB - is now the MyNetwork affilliate for the Philadelphia area. It's 1 of my local channels via DISH.

Depends where you live in Beckley WV there is no WB or UPN so WWOR will be my MY9 station and still carry New York Yankees baseball on Friday evenings and WPIX beccomes the CW 11 and has been continually telling people that they will still be the broadcast home of the New York Mets.

Bob

Any one have an idea what WSBK in Boston is going to be?

In Charlotte, WJZY was UPN, now CW. WWWB was the WB affiliate, changed to WMYT, and is the My Network TV affiliate.

If you really want WWOR, you can add any single superstation for $1.50/month. That's how I have WPIX for the Mets.

In Richmond, VA WRLH will be showing MY TV programming during the overnight (1 AM - 3 AM)

Boston-

WSBK will be independant with a sucky lineup. I just looked.

WLVI becomes the CW (It was WB)

And WNDS-50 Derry, nh is relaunching as WZMY-50 tonight as My Tv

If you remember a few years ago, WNDS was the station that aligned with Global Shopping Network, the day before GSN closed with no notice. The only thing they still had license to was old Columbos, and ran them for 4 days straight until they got back licenses for other shows!!! :)

Love that Al Kaprillian (Good Eeeeeevening!!!!) - weather guy!

Seattle would be getting the local Fox affiliate KCPQ (Seahawks) carried as an HD local if it weren't for Tribune (owns both KCPQ and the local version of My Network TV - KMYQ) insisting that Dish carry both in HD or neither.

Dish needs to add Digital Subchannels to Guide

In Columbus, Ohio, WSYX (Sinclair affiliate of ABC) is broadcasting MyTV 0n 6-2. Although I can receive it thru my outside antenna, the guide data says local. I hope that DISH will eventually add guide data for the subchannels. The only reason that I pay for my locals is to get the Guide data. Unfortunately, PBS WOSU has 4 subchannels without Guide, FOX WTTE has "the Tube" without Guide, NBC has continuous weather on their subchannel. I have read that DISH is testing out plans to include subchannel guide data. Anyone else hear anything?

My local CBS affiliate (WHP) has My as sub channel that was turned on today. On their website it says that they are awaiting Channel Assignment from Dish Network & Directv. At first I thought that was optomistic thinking, but then I remember that they are owned by Clear Channel which can/will flex it's muscles to get it on.
http://www.whptv.com/mynetworkfaq.aspx said:
Where can I watch MyNetwork 21.2?
WHP-TV is currently in negotiations with Comcast for channel space on the basic tier.
Comcast Cable, digital channel, 21.2
DirecTV (channel assignment pending)
DishNetwok (channel assignment pending)

Last edited:
A local station here (WSAZ 3) is adding MY Z and they said that satellite will NOT be carrying it (their station anyways).

Another HDMI problem and Question...PLEASE

Anyone else having 510 or 508 problems tonight?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)