My non install experience today!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If I call again.

If I call again it will be to cancel the order. I wanted the whole home dvr service, but it's not worth this.

Hub

I set up my install with D* on the phone. It was free of charge and flawless. The CSR even told me exacly how to apply for my first year rebates online so that they would appear on my first bill and for the following 11 months. That also worked flawlessly. :)

I also was helped by the CSR to get my rebates for the first year. I had one goof up they spelled my last name wrong and I couldn't log in. Called Direct the girl took care of it and even made sure my rebates went through.

Yeah if folks can you might go through a local reseller and see if you have any better luck.

If I call again it will be to cancel the order. I wanted the whole home dvr service, but it's not worth this.

Hub

And THEN where are you going to go to get your service .....

Sounds like your local guy has dropped the ball.

Like many have said, Why don't you call in and see what is going on ?

Try calling D* when you need something instead of the "Salesman that sold you the system".

Sounds like he sold you a bill of goods that he's not able to provide.

Yeah again all of this will vary from state to state some do better work than others the catch is once you find someone good to stick with them. Either way I hope things go well for everyone on their installs.. :)

Canceled the order

12 came and went and still did not get a call. I called 1-866-569-2420 which is the national number to the scheduler of the company that was supposed to install D*. The customer service representative then called the folks who were actually supposed to do the install. Who ever this installer is lied and said they had been trying to call me all morning. I have had my cell phone with me all night and all this morning. I do not like being lied to. I canceled my order and sent an e-mail to D*'s Customer Advocate. We'll see if I get a response from them.

Hub

12 came and went and still did not get a call. I called 1-866-569-2420 which is the national number to the scheduler of the company that was supposed to install D*. The customer service representative then called the folks who were actually supposed to do the install. Who ever this installer is lied and said they had been trying to call me all morning. I have had my cell phone with me all night and all this morning. I do not like being lied to. I canceled my order and sent an e-mail to D*'s Customer Advocate. We'll see if I get a response from them.

Hub

Man hate to hear that! Hope they get things worked out for you..

Hub

Did you happen to ask them what number they were calling all morning ?
Very possible that the info was not the same as yours, that way you would have known.

So what did they do when you were on the phone ?
They said OK, your canceling or did they see who was in your area and offer to get them over there and you refused ?

Hublar sorry to hear about the mess up with your install.

I'm a certified installer that never missed a work day or appointment in four years.

Now I can't land a job in this stupid economy cause no one wants to supply a work van or pay a living wage for the days worked.

My suggestion is to contact DirecTV directly if you still would like to have the install preformed.

Good Luck :)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/member.php?u=51161

Man that blows. Sorry to hear the luck. I don't think Direct is at fault here since sams uses their own installers. If you give them another chance I would go through the official source (D* phone or website)

Update

Canceled my order with the subcontractor. I called up D* and made a new order through them. New install date is for the 23rd. Install bill went from like $300 to $50. Customer Advocate called me up and she said she'll try and get the install date up to Saturday. So hopefully all will be better.

Hub

Canceled my order with the subcontractor. I called up D* and made a new order through them. New install date is for the 23rd. Install bill went from like $300 to $50. Customer Advocate called me up and she said she'll try and get the install date up to Saturday. So hopefully all will be better.

Hub

Keep us updated. :up

Well I finally got mine installed yesterday after the cancellation debacle last week. Have to say, I was impressed. One guy showed up, once he got a full grasp of the extent of the install, called for back-up. At one point we had four DirecTv installers in my home. Never seen anything like this before. Also got two HR-24's and two H-24's, whole house DVR, and the DECA internet connection Gonna take some getting used to before I can summarize my thoughts compared to Dish, but I will. Initial thoughts though, the picture quality is better. Not that it wasn't very good with Dish, but it seems a little crisper. Even my wife noticed, which is saying something. Also, and it's minor, but the way the receiver programs your remote for additional AV equipment . . . way cool!

Well I finally got mine installed yesterday after the cancellation debacle last week. Have to say, I was impressed. One guy showed up, once he got a full grasp of the extent of the install, called for back-up. At one point we had four DirecTv installers in my home. Never seen anything like this before. Also got two HR-24's and two H-24's, whole house DVR, and the DECA internet connection Gonna take some getting used to before I can summarize my thoughts compared to Dish, but I will. Initial thoughts though, the picture quality is better. Not that it wasn't very good with Dish, but it seems a little crisper. Even my wife noticed, which is saying something. Also, and it's minor, but the way the receiver programs your remote for additional AV equipment . . . way cool!

Yeah the Direct Guide grown on me and I really like the TV Apps being able to pull the weather up and sports scores plus my Braves scores on the fly.. Good to hear they got things all setup for you. Welcome aboard and to the Empire. :)

2.5 hours through yet another install appointment...

and still no one has come by or phoned me.

Hub

Was supposed to be the 23rd, but

The Customer Advocate group called me and said we'll move it up to the 10th which was Saturday. Friday night I got an e-mail that said well we can't make it the 10th after all how bout the 12th and I replied and said that was good. They replied and said the 12th it is. Yes the appointment is from 8 to 12. NOTE I was happy with the 23rd I understand if they're busy, they called me and made these new appointments, but don't make promises you can't keep and this D* corporate.

Hub

I can understand your frustration, but generally speaking, they only call right before they head to your place. Chances are the installer is still at his other job. Once he finishes, expect a call. May be right at noon, never know.

Good luck.

Keeping Fingers

and toes crossed. I have some basset hound puppys I may cross their ears as well.

Hub

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)