My non install experience today!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I hope he shows up and is a better installer than mine was. Or at least attempts to install a satellite without arguing with you....

At least they showed up this time! Still waiting on my call back from a supervisor from my install Co.

Woot good install experience

Wound up with an hr24 and 3 h23s. Would have rather had h24s, but my main TV has the HR24 so it's all good. MRV and Internet hook up working well. Now just gotta figure this thing out.

Hub

Install (rescheduled)

Switching from DishNetwork. Ordered online on 7/7/10 (via costco.com) for 2 HD-DVRs, one HD receiver and ICK for whole-home DVR service and install was scheduled for today (8 - 12). During ordering, requested the DVRs be H24s and receiver be H24.

Today: Installer called at 7:30AM to tell me that the warehouse did not have the HR24/H24s so someone from his company will call to reschedule.
At 8:15, a gentleman at Mastec called me to say the same thing and rescheduled for Wednesday 7/21/10 (8AM-12Noon). He confirmed that my work order has 2 HR24s and a H24 listed and so that is what I will get. He also said that many customer installs are affected by the non-availability of this equipment.
I will have to wait and see if install goes through OK next Wednesday.
I am disappointed but worth a wait if I will get the HR24s. I will update next week after the install.
This forum has been very helpful in the past few days to understand DirecTV service and all new customer promotions. I used costco, referral from a friend and BING. CSR at DirecTV confirmed that I signed up through a retailer (could not tell which one). My bing cashback account shows 40% of my initial payment as pending, and DirecTV Email confirmation shows refer-a-friend. Hope everything remain in my account after activation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)