My parents new house - what is optimal setup?

golferag2003

Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
Sugar Land, TX
My parents are E* subs and have recently moved into a new home.

They have the following TV's in their house:

Upstairs media room - 1080p Front Projector - 92" screen
Downstairs living room - 50" 1080p Plasma
Patio - 37" HD LCD
Master Bedroom - 25" CRT
Master Bathroom - 20" LCD

Currently they have a 722 in the upstairs media room. Tuner 1 is the media room and Tuner 2 goes to their master bedroom.

I'm not exactly sure how the rest of their house is wired. All I know is that the plasma and the LCD's are not receiving an HD signal, and that the patio and master bathroom LCD's use the same remote and have to display the same channel. The only DVR in the house is in the aforementioned 722.

In order for them to receive HD in the living room and the patio (and also DVR's in those locations), will they have to have another satellite dish installed? Or do they simply have to have HD receivers attached to each individual HDTV? Will one dish feed up to 3 HDTV's???

I'm interested to hear your thoughts because they are not taking full advantage of the brand new HDTV's they put in this house!!!

Last edited:
only TV output 1 will display HD contect. the secondry tv output only displays SD. you could hook up 2 HD tvs using HDMI and Component to the HD TVs but will be stuck watching the same thing on both TVs. otherwise get a HD recieve for every HD tv.

Understood - the upstairs projector receives an HD signal from the 722.

The question now is will the satellite dish they have installed support multiple HD receivers (i.e. a separate receiver for the plasma in the living room and the LCD on the patio) or will they have to get an additional dish installed.

If they don't need an additional dish, I would think this would be the optimal setup:

722 - Media room Tuner 1 in HD, Master bedroom Tuner 2 non-HD
722 - Living room Tuner 1 in HD, Master bathroom Tuner 2 non-HD
211 - Patio in HD

Will one dish support all of this?

Also, how much would it cost to add these receivers? Could they lease them or would they have to purchase them.

Seems to me if you install a DPP44 Switch you could cascade another off of it and run up to 8 Receivers it would be a cabling nightmare But you could put an HD receiver on each TV then but you'll only get to lease 4 tuners so anything else will have to be purchased or acquired fro the CEO Email address.

The dish 1000.2 will handle 3 dual tuner models just fine, may be what you already have with the 722. You can now lease a 2nd 722, but would most likely have to purchase a 211 or 222.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)