My Plan for Renaming

pitbull2

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 13, 2004
I REALLY want to be able to rename some of my Hopper3 DVR recordings so I came up with this plan:

-Purchase another receiver that allows you to rename recordings (the receiver will not to be activated).
-Unplug my EHD from the Hopper3 and plug it into the new receiver (the recordings that I want to rename are already on the EHD).
-Transfer the recordings to the new receiver's internal drive and rename them (on my 722K, you could not rename recordings that were on the EHD).
-Transfer the recordings back to the EHD, remove the EHD from the new receiver, and re-connect the EHD to the Hopper3.

My question is this: Which receiver can I buy that will work for this plan?

I know that the 722K will work because that is what I had before I got the Hopper3. I would prefer not to spend too much as I will probably only do the renaming a few times each year.

Won't work since the only receiver you can have on an account with a Hopper is a 211

It won't be on the account.
If it's not on the account, then the EHD won't be able to be read by the box, and the box will want to format the drive, if it will even attempt to read it at all, without it being activated.

As mentioned, the EHD must be connected to a receiver on the same account. It shares an account key. The 522 also cannot transfer recordings to an EHD. Only HD DVRs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)